XIV - "It's a trap!" "No duh!!"

well, I just couldn't bear to leave it how it was for too long. Where I am, it is currently 02:35 am, and I am shattered, but really want to continue, so will write a bit now, then save it and write more tomorrow. I am drawing my own manga also, which is why this is being started so late. Yay for mental inner voices!

Well, anyway, back to regulation.

Disclaimer: i d o n o t o w n n a r u t o ! ! ! V . V

W e l l, e n j o y !

Sora-chan x

I came around a few seconds later to someone shaking me.

"Kaien? Kaien, wake up." that soft voice... it couldn't be...

"Gaara?!" I launched myself at him, and he chuckled, stroking my hair. This didn't make any sense, but I'd be damned if I didn't make the most of it.

"What's got you so upset?" he asked, pressing his lips to the top of my head, while I buried my face in his chest, inhaling his scent.

"I- I- I thought you were gone! I'm so happy you're here!" I cried, and he tilted my chin so he could look me in the eyes.

"I'm glad I can make you happy... but now you've got to snap out of it." I blinked, and his perfect image started to fade. I gripped tighter onto him.

"No! Don't leave me! I'd die if that meant I could be with you!" but he continued to fade, until I was grasping thin air. I sat up with a jolt.

"Nee-chan! You're awake! Thank Kami-sama!" I was grasped in a firm hug, and I blinked, focusing on my surroundings, before seeing the gentle red hair floating in the breeze, and choking back a sob, gripping Naruto as if that would hold me together. "O-ow... nee-chan... too tight..." I immediately loosened my hold.

"S-sorry!" I choked, swallowing and wiping my eyes, seeing the worry in my nii-chan's eyes. Nii-chan shouldn't worry about me, nii-chan should smile.

I couldn't bring myself to, though. The best I could manage was a blank expression.

As we travelled, I strayed further and further away from where Naruto was walking, carrying Gaara. I couldn't bear to see it. I just couldn't.

I realise now, I never really understood pain.

You can never truly understand pain until you experience the gut-wrenching agony I felt right then.

The pain of loss.

We came to a meadowy area, and I sat down about twenty metres from the rest of the group, pulling my knees up under my chin and hugging them. I felt brief glances in my direction, and one long stare, that irritated me, but I didn't care enough to see who it was. I just sat there, expressionless, in silence, as more and more pulses gathered behind me, around the body of the man I loved.

I switched off from thinking about my sixth sense, focusing instead on my surroundings, but those were no help. Everything reminded me of him, whether it looked like him or not. I kept hearing his voice, calling to me.

"Where is she?" I was going crazy.

Then, a really damaged-looking one stood in front of me. I didn't bother to meet 'Gaara''s eyes.

"Great, a hallucination. Ship me off to crazy town." I mumbled sourly, smirking with empty humour.

"Hallucinations? What are you talking about, Kaien?" man, he sounded rough.

"Gaara-sama! You shouldn't be standing!" wait a second.

I watched as a gaggle of young kunoichi's surrounded him. What the hell?!