The Boy with the Mohawk

"Will you marry me?" My boyfriend asked me. I didn't know how to react. I loved him, no doubt about it. I looked into his green eyes. We have been to Pluto and back, we can make it.

"Yes."

*********************************************************************************************************

"Go, Drew!” I yelled, sitting on the sidelines of my boyfriend’s second football game. He was the quarterback. I was the volleyball team captain. Not exactly the ‘it’ pair, but we somehow worked it.

Drew had the ball in his hands, and I saw his tall skinny figure running from half of the field, to the touchdown area. I really don’t understand a lot about football, even though it’s a secret of mine that I have always wanted to play it. He made it across the touchdown line and he threw the ball up, right as the final buzzer rang. We won, 28 to 16, almost too easy. I saw him take of his helmet and yell really loud, while the rest of the team lifted him on their shoulders, typical.

I screamed loud for him, I mean what else would a girlfriend do? I worked my way off the stands and ran towards number 12, his number. He got put down on the ground and immediately scooped me into his arms.

“I won for you, babe!” He said, smiling. His brown hair was plastered to his face in sweat, but his green eyes were shining. His straight smile seemed bigger than ever before.

“Thank you, Drew that means a lot.” I said, smiling. It did mean a lot, even if he said that about the first game, and all the scrimmages. His shoulder pads made the hug a little awkward, because he towered over me anyway, and they added height on his shoulders.  He stunk like sweat and accomplishment.

“Were going to Little Rome’s after we get changed, meet me there?” He said, smiling down at me. Little Rome’s was the best restaurant around. He looked as happy as he ever does, how can I say no?

“Of course, I’m gonna bring Annabelle,” I said, knowing the look I was about to get. Drew hated Annabelle, but she was a good friend. His smiled wasn’t so big anymore.

“Fine, I’m gonna bring Justin, so they can entertain each other,” Drew said. Annabelle was sort of a, well, whore. And Justin was too, so I mean, if they could whore around together, it’s a win win situation.

“Okay, see you there,” I said, reaching up to kiss him, aware of all the people around us, some were bound to be looking at us. PDA isn’t my thing, but I knew he liked it. He leaned down a little bit, the shoulder pads still getting in the way and he kissed me. I love Drew’s kisses. He put his hands on my face and pulled me closer. When we parted a few seconds later, he whispered, “I love you.”

I smiled, hugged him tight and said, “I love you too.”

I turned around and saw a few people staring at me; I brushed past them to try to find Annabelle. I walked around the bleachers till I found her by the pole closest to my car, on the phone. I had no idea who it is and I didn’t want to know. Annabelle was the girl I went to with sports or parties, because this girl knew how to have fun.

“We’re going to Little Rome’s,” I said, unlocking my car. It was a 2010 Range Rover; I got it for my 16th birthday last year. I’m in my junior year, with the nicest car around.

“Okay!” She said to me, hanging up the phone, I guess she was listening to voicemails or something. “Is Justin coming?” She asked, flipping down the mirror to check out her red hair.

Annabelle was probably the prettiest girl I have ever met. She had short, straight reddish hair that was cut into a long bob. Her dark blue eyes were the biggest eyes I have ever seen, and she is one of the few lucky ginger’s who can tan. Her nose was dotted with little freckles and it just made her look better.