Introduction

"Arina! Are you ready yet?" Remus called up the stairs towards his sister.

Arina sighed. "Ready!" she called. "Ready as I'll every be..." she mumbled to herself. They were going to the Potter's for the remainder of the holiday. Black and Pettigrew would be there too and Arina despised the lot. The only one she was okay with was her brother Remus. Well not real brother. She was adopted by the Lupins at a very young age when her parents were imprisoned in Azkaban for crimes involving dark magic.

And it wasn't like she even wanted to go to the Potters. It just wasn't her choice. Ever since her first year at Hogwarts, the Marauders had bullied her. Even her bother picked on her sometimes because he claims "all brothers do it." They were going into their sixth year now and Arina just couldn't wait until she graduated so she could leave. But no matter how much she told herself that, she knew she couldn't leave Remus in his condition.

"Then hurry up! Your floo is waiting!" Remus called once more. Arina sighed and grabbed her bag and Ceaser, her kitten, and hopped down the stairs.

"Calm your arse Remus," she snapped setting her stuff down.

"Arina Lupin! Watch your language!" her mother shouted from the kitchen.

"Yea yea, will do mum," she sighed picking her stuff back up as she watched her brother be engulfed by flames. She grabbed a handful of floo powder and threw it into the fire. When she opened her eyes it was no longer her shabby living room, but a nice room with decorating throw pillows, beautiful wall decor, and after she stepped out of the fire it lit itself again.

Down the hall she heard a bunch of voices. "Moony!" It was the Maruaders. When Arina turned the corner the talking stopped. "Oh and she came." James said looking pissed.

"Prongs," Remus whispered. "She's had a hard summer, just lay off her a bit, k?" Arina was still giving them all a death glare.

The others rolled their eyes. "Well we better go somewhere else," Sirius said. "Don't wanna catch a disease." He led them upstairs. Remus turned around with a look of guilt, but all Arina gave back was a pissed glare and she shook her head. Remus turned back around and followed his friends up the stairs, leaving Arina all alone.

'Another great summer' Arina though sarcastically.