Chapter 18

votes and suggestions I asked for yesterday that will come in now for the main guy of my next book won't count anymore. I've written down all of your suggestions so here's the announcement of who won. and the big winner is....

*dramatic drum roll*

Vic Fuentes!

and he won easily with a total of 9+ votes (I stopped counting after that because it was obvious), so there wasn't even an actual competition. next in line with 3 votes were Kellic and Oli Sykes, and everything else was suggested once. so hooray, another Vic Fuentes book! not that I mind...

the first chapter is up and it's called "Destination Unknown" I probably won't update it further until this book is done, though. but let me know what you think!

now let's get down to business over here...

--------------------

I woke up one morning with a comforting warmth pressed against my side. I smiled to myself, shifting carefully so I could turn to the source.

Vic was still sound asleep, right beside me. He had been sleeping so much lately; I guess he had some catching up to do with that. I certainly didn't blame him for it. He looked so peaceful sleeping right there, his chest slowly rising and falling, and the content look on his face... I had never seen him doing so well.

We'd both been living with nana- and a few of my younger cousins- ever since Jaime and I got him out of his house, away from his parents. And so far they didn't seem to miss him. It had only been a few days, though. But it was still weird.

Nana really liked Vic. She said that she could sense that he had an honest and kind soul, and I definitely did not disagree. She did however tease him a little and make him help around the house. But they were chores that she knew would improve his health and the way he looked at life.

She was subconsciously teaching him that the way you like to do things matter more than the way other people expect you to do things. And I had honest to god never seen someone smile so much while doing the dishes or keeping my over-active cousins distracted while nana and I cleaned the house.

Of course Vic and I ended up sharing my bedroom. My mother would not have agreed with that since sharing a room- much less a bed- before marriage was a big no-no. But nana wasn't as old fashioned as she pretended to be outside of the house, and there wasn't any other place he could stay anyway.

I looked over to the clock on the wall, knowing that it was time to get up and get groceries from the local market with nana. I carefully pecked Vic's lips, wanting to at least give him some kind of affection before I left, even though he was still sleeping and probably wouldn't notice.

As I pulled away though, his eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Good morning, handsome." I whispered, not being able to hide the smile on my face. "Sorry if I woke you up."

He instantly returned the smile as he looked at me and stretched his limbs a little. "Morning." He murmured happily, his voice still laced with sleep.

"I'm just gonna get up and run some errands with nana. You can sleep some more, if you like."

Vic nodded eagerly, pulling the comforter all the way up to his chin as he snuggled into the warmth of the bed.

"Alright, I'll see you when I'll get back then." I whispered, giggling softly as I got up, thinking he looked like an adorable little burrito wrapped into the comforter like that.