Chapter 9

“The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.”

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

The tension had been building between them for days, and they both knew it. The harder he tried to keep his distance, the more she found ways to close in. The more he told her to be careful, the more she insisted that they be careless until one evening she managed to bring his guard down long enough to get her lips onto his. She pressed body against him before he could resist. Initially, he pushed her away as he always did. Pressing back a second time, she saw a flash of something new behind his icy stare.

Grabbing her around the waist, he began kissing his way down her neck. Closing her eyes, she allowed him to guide her body down to the rug without hesitation. She inhaled his scent and relished in the feel of his cool skin against her.

“...You shouldn’t... trust me...” He said between kisses.

She knew he was right, but she did not care. Saying nothing, she shivered as his hands grazed down her sides and found hold on her hips.

Returning his attention to her lips, he loosened her belt and slipped her pants from her body. Feeling her heart race as he teased her with his fingers, she pulled him free from his own pants. Then he pulled her shirt over her head. She did the same to his.

His lips made their way down her neck and onto her breasts. She gasped. She found herself positioned under his body. Her hands dragged down his back and across his buttocks. Moments later, he moved his way inside her. She cried out in surprise as a chill ran through her body. As it subsided it was replaced by a warm wave of pleasure.

Just as before, she felt every nerve in her body come to attention. Every touch became more intense as if his body were made of fire and ice. Each movement threatened to take her breath away. He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her body up to meet his until she found herself in his lap with her arms around his shoulders. She wrapped her legs tightly around his frame. He nibbled across her collarbone as his fingers massaged her backside. Their bodies moved against each other.

With one final thrust, she pulled him closer and cried out. She shuddered as she twisted her fingers through his hair until all the tension drained from her body. Then she felt his teeth scrape across her skin. She braced herself for what she knew was now inevitable.  

Julien glanced up at her with fire in his eyes. She nodded. He gave a quick smile before he sunk his sharpened canines into the soft flesh above her collarbone.

Her back arched and her body shook as another intense chill passed through her. Julien wrapped his arms tightly around her back and over her shoulders to hold her in place as he drank. She bit her lip to suppress a pained whimper as he continued to feast from her veins.

She closed her eyes and breathed deeply. She could feel the warmth draining from her face followed by her fingertips. Her racing pulse echoed in her own ears. When she started to feel lightheaded, she looked down at Julien and whispered, “That's enough.”

He did not seem to notice, so she tried again. “Julien, please.” She grabbed him by the shoulders and tried to push him away. He still feasted so she grasped his hair and tugged at his scalp.

He resisted for a moment longer before replacing his teeth with his lips. She felt him lick her wounds and nuzzle her neck. Then worked his way back up to her mouth. His kiss was so deep she could taste her own blood. He pulled away to look her in the eye. He caressed her cheek as he smiled.

His smile then morphed into a wicked grin as he laid her back and pushed into her again. Immediately, she felt another wave of pleasure building. He continued as he nuzzled her neck again. She gasped loudly as he brought her to another peak, and then he too groaned in climax.