Chapter 11: Unexpected Arrival

Aaliyah

"What are you doing here Vanessa" I said looking at her on my door step.

"So I don't deserve being called mom anymore" She asked me. I just looked at her like 'ya damn skippy you don't deserve it '

"You lost the mother title when you gave a random man permission to touch on your daughter for drugs " I said in disgust " How did you even get here ?"

"I'm sorry. I really am. I took the bus" She said

"Its been 4 months. What do you want ?" I asked her

"Look I just need help. I need your help" She said to me

"Sorry doesn't cut it. You won't be getting help from me or anyone else here. So I guess you can just find your way back to the bus and leave now" I said closing the door on her.

"She's still our mother you kno" I turned around and seen Julius standing there

"I couldn't tell with everything she's done to us" I said to him

"Look... no matter how much I want to dislike her and want her to hurt as much as we did, we have to help her" He said looking at me "She wants help and as her children we have to help her. She might have turned her back on us before but we can't turn our backs on her"

I took in everything he just said to me. He's right but I just don't understand why she would even stoop so low. I just need time to think on all of this. This has suddenly just made my head hurt.

"Okay. I'll think on it" I said to him. He just nodded knowing that that was the only thing he was going to get from me right now. I spent another hour at his house and then left. I picked up pizza and then headed back home.

"Hey I'm back, and I brought pizza" I yelled walking in the kitchen. Brandon and August was already sitting there and Crys was walking in.

"Hey baby" I said to Brandon kissing him "How y'all feel ?"

"Better than before" He said "Shit a nigga was feelin terrible"

"Right" August said

"Well that's what y'all get" Crys said "Turnin shit up"

"Hell yeah we was gon turn shit up... Turn down for wat bae ?" August said laughing. Brandon joined him.

"Y'all too much" I said. Brandon was looking at me hard "What ?"

"You good ?" He asked me

"Yeah why ?" I asked

"Nun. you just lookin a certain way " He said. I love how he could always tell when something is bothering me.

We just ate and then talked for a little bit. It was going on 11 pm so we just decided to call it a night. Today was more of a recover day than anything.

"Ight so you gon tell me wats wrong now ?" Brandon asked me as he layed on the bed. I should have known that he wasn't done with this.

"You said something to me... when you were drunk and it just got me feeling things " I said to. He looked some what worried like he was hoping he didn't say anything bad "Wait it's not bad... I just want to kno if its real"

He looked relieved yet confused and said "Okay, what did I say ?"

I took a deep breath "You said you love me" I looked up at him and he started smiling

"If your not ready to say it back then its okay" He said still smiling

"So you meant it" I asked him