Chapter 9; A Pile Of Lies

Start from the beginning

Her eyes widen slightly as she snaps her head up.

"Uh." She laughs nervously. "You don't need to do that." She fumbles with her hair. She does that when she's nervous.

I raise an eyebrow. "Why not? He's my best friend. I think I soul-"

"No, no, no." She interrupts. "I already told him for you! He forgives you." She smiles slightly like she was pleased with the bullshit she was giving me.

I look at her and glare slightly.

"Chelsea. What the fuck is going on?" I ask sternly.

She sighs in defeat.

"Okay I..." She pauses. "I didn't really tell him. I just don't know if he's actually forgiven you yet and I don't want you guys to fight." She rambles.

"Well friends fight, Chels. This is something him and I need to overcome so we can be friends again." I explain.

"Yeah, but-"

"No." I put my hand up. "I don't wanna hear it. I'm talking to him." I say sternly.

Why is she acting so weird about this? She told me everything so there's no reason as to why I should go talk to him.

I finish my cereal and stand up from the table. I rinse my bowl and put it in the sink. I walk up stairs to grab my phone and wallet; I had left it on Chelsea's desk. I walk back down stairs and stand where the living room and kitchen meet.

"Calum, I'm leaving. Bye, Chelsea." I say.

I walk out the door and get in my car. Moments later, Calum walks out of Chelsea's house. He approaches my window and points his finger down, indicating to me to roll my window down.

"I'm gonna head home. Let me know how things go between you and Luke." Calum says as he ducks down a little so his head is in front of my window.

"Alright." I nod and start to push the button to roll my window back up.

"And Michael-" Calum says before I can roll the window up even half way. "Don't cause any more drama. We usually don't have any, so just try to keep it civil, alright? I miss the way it used to be..." He finishes with a sad frown.

I slightly frown as well. I look at him and nod slowly.

I can't let Chelsea get in the way of Luke and I's friendship.

-~-~-

I arrive at Luke's house a few minutes after driving. I slowly step out of my car and approach the front door. I knock loudly and wait for an answer. I usually just knock and walk in yelling 'I'm here!' So it's heard throughout the house. But I have a feeling that wouldn't be the best thing to do in this situation.

After a few minutes of waiting, Luke opens the door quickly.

"Hey, sorry I was on the phone with someone." He say as he opens the door wider for me to enter.

I walk in quickly and turn round to face him.

"So I just wanted to start off saying I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the way I freaked out on you; I don't know what's wrong with me." I rambled. "Chelsea told me what you guys actually did and I felt even worse after she said you guys only made out." I say. Although I did cringe on the inside.

Luke just stares at me with no expression.

"I forgive you." He says.

"You do? Really?" I ask with shock evident in my voice.

"Yeah." He nods and shrugs his shoulders. "Chelsea told me by the way." He added.

"Told you what?" I ask with my eye brow raised.