26. Seiche of Tears

Start from the beginning

I wrapped one towel around my body and another one around my hair

I wrapped one towel around my body and another one around my hair. The satisfyingly warm shower had eased my mood about what happened this afternoon. I'm also sort of glad that Xavier was this nice to bring me into his lovely home.

He could've simply just threw me off his bicycle and left, but he didn't.

I texted my worried mom about everything and she was fine with me sleeping in somebody else's house for tonight. I'm telling you, Wattpad parents really don't give a single care.

As I tip-toed my way back into his room to change, I started to hear voices coming from downstairs. Curiosity taking over, I decided to listen.

"You know hon, she reminds me a lot about your mother. Same jet black hair, same porcelain skin, and she also has that signature smile your mother would always do. If I was you I would make the move already." His grandma giggled.

"She's already taken nana." I could hear his deep voice respond.

"Oh well not to be conceited, honey I was like her too! But look what happened, your grandfather showed me something that the other boys didn't show. True love." She replied softly.

"Whatever, I just really don't like her at all." He replied dryly.

His grandma let out a tired sigh. "Oh Xavier, I've been taking care of you since you were a baby! I know you too well for you to be lying to me." She cackled, emitting echoes around the house.

I decided to stop eavesdropping and proceeded to walk back into his room with a thought in mind.

True love huh? Such a thing no longer exists especially in a generation like this.

After I threw on the oversized clothes that Xavier gave me, I walked back downstairs as I heard distant murmurs coming from the kitchen.

Xavier not knowing I was there, had such a cute childlike smile on his face, making it the first time in forever to see him showing normal human emotions.

"Arielle! Honey, great timing! Dinner is almost ready!" She beamed, gesturing for me to sit next to Xavier, who's childlike smile broke back to a boring emotionless face. "Here we go." Xavier's grandma laughed as she entered the dining room, placing down such a good looking dinner.

Lasagna has never looked so mouth watering.

"Thank you so much for this wonderful dinner ma'am." I smiled widely, honestly drooling of from just smelling the food.

"Oh Arielle you can just call me Rosalyn, I want you to feel at home okay?" She simpered, genuinely being kind to me. "Ma'am sounds kinda serious and it makes me feel old. It's already enough this boy calls me nana." She laughed as she gestured towards Xavier.

Xavier sat down next to me which was odd knowing he could've sat on the other side or somewhere else for that matter.

"Thanks for the dinner nana." He murmured as he emphasized on the word nana to tease her, my shoulder brushing up against his.

She laughed as she rolled her eyes. "Hope you guys enjoy!" Rosalyn chirped happily. "Oh my, can one of you pass me the salt please."

Me and Xavier reached out at the same time, causing our hands to awkwardly brush together. Shit.

I quickly retracted my hand back, catching a quick glance from Xavier as he proceeded to grab the salt shaker to pass it to his grandma.

I can already tell this night is just gonna get even more awkward...

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE <3 AND ALSO IM GENUINELY THANKFUL FOR YOU READING MY BOOK AND GIVING ME MOTIVATION TO CONTINUE WRITING THIS MESS LMAOAOAO (⌒▽⌒)