26. Seiche of Tears

"Arielle wait!" I hear Vanessa yell out behind me as I rush down the stairs with tears running down my cheeks.

I whimpered as I loudly banged the front door closed, continuing to run away as far as possible from Vanessa's house.

My running turned to jogging, quickly turning to walking, and finally ending up with me dropping my bag on the ground to lay next to it, pathetically crying over a stupid boy I didn't even have any strings attached to.

My wailing combined with my loud screams filled the quiet and desolated neighborhood as I punched the ground multiple times to let my anger out. "FUCK!" I yelled out, ignoring to wipe away the gallons of tears completely taking over my face.

How could he? How could he even do that without feeling a sense of regret? And most importantly! How can Vanessa do that to me knowing how much I liked Levi!

Several minutes have passed until I've finally decided to get back up. I quickly glanced around my surroundings to see if anyone saw me totally crying for 10 minutes. But no one was there but me and the distant chirps of crickets coming from the lawns of the houses that remained silent.

The walk back home was agonizingly quiet, being so deep in thought I didn't even notice the bicycle next to me which seemed as if it has been following me for a while now.

"Get on." I looked to my right to see Xavier, matching his pedaling with my pace.

"No it's okay, thanks. I really don't feel like putting up with your unnecessary rudeness right now." I remained a blank face as I stared at him, not even having a single drop of energy to show any emotion.

"It wasn't a question, it was an order." Xavier ran his hand through his white dyed hair, graciously blending in with the orange tinted sunset behind him.

I couldn't help but snap. "What am I, McDonald's? I'm not a fast food place you can just order around?"

I watched his gorgeously silver eyes darken at me. "Are you implying you have something edible? Because fast food places have food?" His tone was blank and annoying. "And I don't see any food on you."

"Please shut up and get ran over by a car or something." My fists clenched as he averted his gaze from me, watching him as he pedaled away. That was really bitchy of me to do. "Wait! I'm sorry! Stop!" I whined like a pathetic rat as I begged him to come back.

I let out a sigh of relief as he swiftly turned back around, I coulda sworn I heard him chuckle deeply to himself as he tried to hide his laugh.

I sighed, despondently remaining a blank face as I got myself up the bike. I clutched my arms around his waist, his feet starting to pedal again.

Silence broke apart around us as I wasn't in the mood for anything but just getting home.

Deciding to not care about anything, I just laid my head against his back with no regrets as my hair flew behind me from the cold breeze. He remained silent, instead just throwing me a dry glance, only to look back at the road without saying anything.

Several moments later, I felt a drop of water travel down my cheeks, making me blink my eyes a couple of times.

It's raining.

More rain drops started to fall, I quickly wiped the rain drops off my face as I threw my hood on. Xavier didn't flinch or showed any worry, instead just pedaled in a quicker speed than he normally would.

Noticing how he turned his bicycle to an unknown street, I decided to break the silence and ask him something. "Where are we going?"

He remained quiet, slowly stopping his bicycle near a beautiful house that had colorful Christmas lights set up.