chapter six

The four of us had come up with different buildings, names for specific departments, different job ideas just in case more Greenie's decided to show up. Everything was sorted out, the rest of the building ideas started to come into place, and everyone had their own specific rank as to who and what they would be doing in the Glade from now on.

I was walking through the Glade, trying to figure out the best place to start building the outside kitchen that was ideal to having more space and cabinets for the food that continued to come in. I then stopped for a moment just in front of a perfect shielded area in which fall trees stood. I started to draw the building idea on the paper I had with a pencil till I heard someone's footsteps approaching my side.

"How's it coming, Lynn?" I heard Newt speak up slightly as he stood behind me, examining my drawings from a distance. I glanced over my left shoulder for a split moment to see him with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Well," I paused for a moment, finishing up my drawing. "We can start building soon," I finished before turning over to look the man that stood before me. "And you, accent thriller," I paused for a moment. "You are going to be a runner." I finished as I began to walk towards the Homestead.

"Don't call me that," Newt stated as a cheeky grin grew from my lips. "Anything but that," he stated in all seriousness as I barely let out a snicker. "Your laughing at me. Why are you laughing at me?" He questioned furiously before walking directly to my right side as I looked off to the Glade with a smile, not meeting his eyes.

"I'm not laughing at you," I stated with the most utmost truthfulness in my tone of voice as Newt scoffed at my statement nudging my shoulder and walking up ahead of me. "I wasn't laughing at you!" I hollered jokingly as he shook his head in disappointment.

"You old shank!" Newt hollered from afar as I shook my head with a grin still spread across my lips. Who knew even in such a time as this, there could still be laughter and joy within the people around you. More than a few months ago, I thought I'd be alone here forever. I thought I'd have to fend for myself for the rest of my life, alone, scared, and ready to rot.

The rest of us had all found our way to rest for the night. The boys in the Homestead whilst I slept outside in my hammock since day one. I needed some time alone, time to think, and time to reassure myself we would find a way out without a doubt. I need that reassurance to continue on pushing myself to the limit.

"You okay?" I heard a familiar voice rumble low as footsteps came to approach the hammock next to my side. I looked over to see the face of Gally, concerned and restless; beginning to climb into the hammock next to mine.

"Who isn't?" I replied, getting a chuckle of mockery and disbelief, scoffing at the fact of our current situation from Gally.

"Who knows where we're all going," Gally breathed out, placing his hands at the back of his head as a resting tool for his shoulders to get a better look at the stars. We stayed quite for just a moment. Just the uttermost silence of peace and quite as we aloud our minds to take a breather. "Can I ask you something?" Gally had questioned as I turned my head to face him for reassurance.

"Yeah," I breathed out. "What is it?" I replied as he looked to me for a mere moment with wonder and confusion written upon his face.

"Do you," he paused for a split second, concentrating on his thoughts. "Do you ever have any dreams?" He questioned as I nodded my head, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah? Every so often," I replied with questioning in my tone of voice, looking to Gally with confusion.

"No, like," he paused thinking to himself. "Dreams that seem to real," he stated making my stomach turn. "Almost as if they were memories," he breathed out as I turned from his eyes. I looked down to my hands, wondering if I should even say just a word of my strange memories.

"Well," I breathed out looking to Gally. "Not that I know of," I stated almost regretting the fact that I didn't truly open up about the vivid memories, faces, sounds, and names I had been seeing every so often. "Why?" I questioned almost wondering if Gally had been having the same dreams as I have.

"It's nothing much," he breathed out almost too hastily as I furrowed my brows in confusion, wondering onto why he would ask me. "Probably just dreams," he finished leaning up from the hammock, stepping out onto the ground, and walking towards the Homestead. "Night, Lynn."

"Night, Gally." I had looked over back to the stars, almost hoping I wasn't the only one with such realistic dreams that seemed much more than just dreams. I had this hunch in my chest telling me they weren't just dreams. It didn't settle right in my stomach and I knew I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Will we ever get out of this shank of a place?
Or is there even a way out?