chapter one

I was surrounded by loud cranking noises. I felt cold, gushes of wind, I was confused, and I didn't know what was going on around me. Pure and utter confusion took ahold of my thoughts and my emotions as I began to stumble around in whatever form of metal box I seemed to be confined in. The sound of metal chains being gridded against one another was an utterly awful and displeasing sound.

My mind had finally decided to wake up from the slight trauma that surrounded me before shortly realizing...

I didn't remember anything. It was like my memories, thoughts, and even ideas were erased completely from my conscious. I couldn't remember my name, or where I originated from, or how I even got inside this metal box. I slightly fell back from the metal crate struggling to continue on upwards before it picked up its speed once again; but in the process, I had managed to scrap my inner forearm on one of the wooden crates next to me.

     I winced slightly, only brushing the pain and the bleeding aside; knowing it was not the number one priority on my mind. I looked around for any sign of escape or even a switch to terminate the ongoing progress of this crate, but of course there was nothing. I tried to adjust my eyes to the dark, to even get a mere glimpse of hope in the loud cranking tour.

     Things in the wooden crates shook as glass jars rattled against each other. There seemed to be food, supplies, metal knives, and even a small pig in a cage which startled me once it let out a noise of distress. And for some odd reason, my stomach began to turn as if I needed to throw up from consuming overdue beverages. I tried my best not to belch out, but it was no use. I vomited, clutching my stomach, almost feeling an odd pain in my gut. I wiped my mouth using my forearm with my dark long sleeve shirt I appeared to be wearing.

What was I in?
How did I get here?

     I thought to myself as I then began to see a crack of light just up ahead. I saw a slight flare of a red lights coming closer and closer with an alarm blaring off from up top.

"Light," I breathed out as I slightly stood against my feet. "Oh, thank Go-" I was cut off almost instantly as the box came to a stop with full force, throwing me against the metal crate, and my back hitting the rough crate. I let out a grunt of pain as I squinted my eyes from the sudden shock.

     I then began to hear noises.

Click

Clank

Crack

Whir

     The lid of the metal crate then began to open up its door as the blinding sunlight stroke down upon me, squinting my eyes at the sudden pain; trying to cover my face with my hands. I slowly began to adjust to the blazing sun before I lifted myself from the depth of the metal box. I gazed upon the open grassy field with many trees to look upon for miles.

But the only think that truly shocked me were the hundred feet tall concrete stone walls covered with moss and vines. I looked to the stone walls with comfort but also uttermost confusion of the situation. I had gotten myself out of the box before taking in my surroundings once again.

Was this the start of a new beginning?
Why was I here?

     I then decided to explore around the insane dystopian land. I found an interesting forest full of trees and a nice long creek that seemed to flow down to nowhere. Everything else, besides the walls, were nothing but grass and field. There was indeed a well in the shade under the tall trees in the middle of the acres of land.

I then began pondering on where I was going to sleep, how I was going to continue on with resources, or even how I was going to build anything without an axe or building materials. I still found it completely strange that I could remember such crazy facts about architecture and construction, but I couldn't remember my own name.

     I decided to head back to the box and count everything I received that came up with me. Hopefully each item was satisfactory for my needs in such a strange atmosphere. I took a deep breath realizing the situation I was truly in. I was surprised I wasn't crying, or screaming, or even panicking. Maybe it was the shock or just the plan adrenaline in my system I didn't even understand my own self.

I shortly grabbed a few of the items in the box and decided to make myself a hammock with such resources. I jumped out of the box once again as I looked to the my pair of clothes that had been folded neatly. Then all of a sudden, a big gust of wind came flying from the opening doors of the place catching my attention. I didn't want to explore it earlier trying to be safe. Then a loud boom set off startling me as I frantically looked around to see the walls beginning to close.

Shuck.
The bloody walls actually move.

______
a/n:
hopefully you enjoyed
this crappy first chapter ;)
don't forget to check out the
trailer I personally created!
thank you so much for clicking
on this book!
love yah!
-Han