Chapter 5: The Man

Start from the beginning

"Oh thank god you're alive! I was so worried when you didn't wake up after they apprehended that monster!"

Joseph had a headache, and his throat was dry. "What... what happened...?" His eyes popped open and he sat up in bed. "Amy!"

"What?"

"He spoke. He sp-spoke to me! He can speak English!"

"Er, Joseph, I think you're imagining things. It is an alien. It can't speak English. It probably doesn't even know the difference between English and Chinese."

"No! Amy! I swear that he spoke to me!"

Amy didn't look convinced. "Well then, what did the English speaking man from outer space say to you?"

Joseph felt his face get hot. "Don't patronize me." His blush deepened, "I know what I heard... he said 'now why ever would I want to do that'." Joseph looked at her, and knew she didn't believe him. He sighed, giving up on trying to convince her. Then his neck began to throb. 

I must've hit it on the wall...

No wait! He fucking bit me!

Joseph gasped and jumped up, running to the bathroom. In front of the mirror, Joseph pulled his long black hair aside to reveal a large hickey and some bite marks.

"Holy shit." Amy was behind Joseph. "What the hell is that? Is that a hickey?"

"I... I think so..." Joseph was numb. What. The. Fuck.

Amy came closer to Joseph then moved his hair at the back of his neck. "Joseph... This isn't isn’t a hickey…”

“No of course it is! He was attacking my neck for minutes!” Joseph said, still staring at the bright red love bite on the side of his neck.

“No Joseph, I mean the one on the back of your neck…”

Joseph froze.

The back?

Then he remembered it… the extreme pain right before he blacked out.

“Shit, Amy. Then what is it?” Part of Joseph really didn’t want to know.

“It looks like… a tattoo or scar or something…” Amy’s fingers ran over the back of Joseph’s neck ever so lightly, making him shiver as he digested the new information.

“A what?” Joseph said, too calmly.

“A… er… tattoo.”

“So you mean that he fucking tattooed me?!” Joseph rubbed his face. “Are you fucking serious? He really tattooed me?!”

“Or it might be a scar. I’m not sure.”

“Fuck.”

Amy opened a drawer and took out a hand held mirror. Sure enough, Joseph had a dark blackish symbol on the very back of his neck. It wasn’t unlike the type that covered the alien’s body, except it was very noticeable on Joseph’s pale, white skin.

“Oh shit. What am I suppose to do now? I mean why the hell did that alien thing put a symbol on me?! I mean I’m not even working with him anymore and holy crap oh my god… what do I do?!” Joseph was talking fast and seemed to be on the verge of tears. He was starting to get an anxiety attack and Amy could see it.

“Joseph.” Amy pulled him away from the mirror, so that he instead faced her. “Joseph, calm down.”

Joseph was shaking.

Amy pulled him into a hug. “Calm down. Don’t do this. It’s just a mark. We can get it checked out.”

Joseph stiffened. “What if they do something to me because the alien… marked… me…?”

Amy sighed. “You know that I would never let that happen.”

Joseph began to calm down. He felt tired. Now that the adrenaline and everything was over, Joseph felt extremely tired. “Okay…” He mumbled into Amy’s shoulder.

“I think you just need some sleep. Don’t you?”

“Yeah…” Joseph yawned. “I’m starting to get a bit tired…”

Amy helped Joseph over to the bed, where he immediately fell asleep.

Amy watched him, making sure that he was truly asleep.

Then, she silently left the room.

In the hallway, she pulled out her phone. In a stern voice Amy said, “Johnson. I need a cleanup team down here, fast. I’ve got a worker with some form of extraterrestrial contamination. Send the team now… No I don’t fucking care what you’re in the middle of… just get down here before he takes off!... Alright… Good.” Amy hung up, a grim look on her face. She started walking away, not wanting to be there when the whole situation blew up.

Looking around, she felt a pang of guilt. But, even if they were friends, Amy couldn't let such things as friendships ruin the Company.

Nothing would ruin the Company.

                                                          *             *             *

So I was debating as to whether or not to have a cliffhanger, and I finally was like ah heck I'll do another one XD SORRY PLEASE DON'T BE MAD!!

Anyway, MAN I have been writing this book so FAST. I seriously thought it would take me like months to get this far :P Anyway, I know, Amy is a bitch XD every good story has one, though! *total lie* Yeah so er if there are any errors then please don't hesitate to call me out on 'em, because I hate grammatical boo-boos on writing -_- Yeah and I'm open for plot suggestions ;D and any advice, cause I'm still new to the whole story-thingy.

Er and sorry for how short this chapter is, I just felt like the whole story just naturally flowed with a stop here :/ 

THANKS FOR READING GETTING COMMENTS AND VOTES REALLY MOTIVATE ME OH MY GOD. O_O *showers of cookies fall from sky*