Chapter 24: The One That Got Away

Karenella's POV

"See? She does love me!" Angel said to his friends. Omg! He's telling his friends off for me! What a lucky girl I am. I couldn't wait to get sexual that night!

"We do love each other, don't we, my Angel?"

"Get away from me, Karen!" He suddenly yelled at me. What had happened? Oh my, did he not love me anymore?

"But what about our love for each other?!"

"Guys. let's go," he said to his group as they gave me nasty stares. I was so confused. So I just accidentally blurted out something.

"Joey's pregnant with Jackson's kid!" They all looked at me with disgust.

"You're a terrible person," Angel said to me. I couldn't believe it! A moment ago he was saying that he loved me and now he hates me. Wow. He has some serious problems.

Cecile's POV

The house was completely empty. All our things were already on their way to our new house in Connecticut. I was glad I was leaving.

I was going to finish high school online and got my diploma from there. I didn't want to go to Prom and I didn't want to graduate with all those idiots at school. My mom kept saying that I could have stayed with a friend until high school was over, but this was a better option for me. I've always wanted to be home-schooled, even if it was only for a few weeks.

The only reason I would stay would be for Angel. I honestly did feel good when I was with him and he made me feel special. But it was barely a relationship. And he's the one who ran away from it. And I didn't want him to hold me back from going to Yale for college.

Thank goodness I got in for free. See, my parents are super rich and they both just got jobs at Yale so, I can go for free. Isn't that splendid?

"Don't you want to go and say goodbye to your friends before we go? Remember, we can still stay until graduation at a hotel if you like," my mom said to me.

"No, mother. I want to leave now. I don't need friends where I'm going." I wasn't going to be totally alone, anyway. I was already going to see one of my friends at Yale, Sophie. Only about two people get into Yale at our school, and we both just so happen to be friends.

"What about your friend, Angel Smith? Maybe you want to at lease call him or-"

"No, mother! I don't need any of them! Let's get to the airport!"

"Alright, my dear."

^^^

"Mother! This isn't the airport! I told you I don't want to see him!" Mother had pulled up to Angel's driveway. I was furious with her.

"You need to. At lease do it for him."

"Mother! I do everything for me!" Right after I had said that, Melody opened the door and rolled outside. When she saw me in the car, she waved at me to come out. But I wasn't going to. I crossed my arms and pouted while looking away from my mother and Melody. Then I heard the window roll down.

"Cecile! My brother's inside! Don't you want to talk to him?"

"No! I hate him! Go away!"

"Cecile, watch your tone."

"No, mother! I'm not going to watch my tone! I don't care if she's in a damn wheelchair! I can speak how I wish!"

"Cecile, please! You need some happiness in your life. Now go and speak to your lover."

"Why the hell do you say it like that?"

"Just come, Cecile. Please?" I didn't want to go. I wasn't hurt. I was never hurt. I never wanted to see Angel again. He broke up with me; why should I go and talk to him? I was out of my mind when I went over and told him that I missed him. I wasn't going to do something that stupid ever again.

"No. Drive to the airport. I don't want us to miss our flight."

^^^

We were all finally in the airport and going through security when my mom told me that she forgot her carry-on in the car. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to go back outside. But I was forced to. So she gave me the keys and walked all the way down to the lobby of the airport when I saw him. Angel.

How could he? How could he just show up after a refused to say goodbye to him at his house?

He was holding a bouquet of red roses and when I made eye contact with him, he put on a big smile.

I couldn't move. I was still in shock. Angel walked all the way over to me and handed me the roses before he kissed me on the cheek. I have to admit, even his smallest kisses made my stomach flutter, but I really wish it didn't. I was going to find someone smart and sophisticated at Yale or through my parents. I didn't need Angel anymore.

"Hey, beautiful," Angel whispered into my ear. I hadn't heard his voice in a little while. It was a little high-pitched for a guy, but it was soothing and playful.

"Angel, I'm leaving like, right now. You waited too long. I'm going to go back to security," I said sternly before I shoved the roses into his chest and pivoted the other way 'round.

"Cecile, please, just hear me out!" He said with a raised voice when he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. "What I did was stupid of me. I stopped this for no good reason. I probably won't ever be your boyfriend again, but I just wanted to tell you that I care about you and that, I love you, Cecile. And I'm fine with it not being mutual. I just want you to know that."

He was right. The feeling weren't mutual. Of course I love him, but not that way anymore. It's gone. And all I wanted to do was leave. That's all I ask.

"Great. And now I do. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a flight I need to catch."

^^^

I hope you guys liked chapter 24! As you know, this story is ending shortly and might not have a big ending, but I'm hoping that I can write an exciting Prom! I have a fanfiction that I want to post soon about Frangled, but on another level. It'll be out soon and I think I'll really enjoy writing it more than I did for this story. Please comment to give me ideas and/or if you want me to check out your story and give you some votes!

-NatCat <3