Thomas Loses His Temper

Please mind the small amount of language I used in this little update!

Staring at the Homestead ceiling, you wondered what went wrong. Minho and Teresa had been sitting with you, laughing, goofing around, just normal stuff. But there came Thomas.

You two had been together since a few weeks past your arrival. Neither of you could be separated ever since. But something's changed, and you can't really tell what. First, it was the small argument over his missing leather pouch he always carries with him into the maze.

"I can't believe you lost it!" He had yelled, only to be almost in tears apologizing when he learned the next day that Chuck hid it in Frypan's kitchen. That was easily shrugged off, because even though it was unexpected, he did have the heart to apologize.

Next was the insults. He just picked them up one day. The two of you hadn't seen each other much until the evening it started, and he just couldn't stop. You were sitting in the kitchen having dinner waiting for him when he came in looking stressed.

"What are you doing, Shank?" He snapped. Newt, who had been eating with you at the time, looked up in pure shock.

"Tommy, what are you doing? It's your lady friend you're talking to!" He jokingly said. Thomas simply rolled his eyes and muttered, "like that really changes anything."

But today, today was the final straw. You were grabbing some food with Teresa and went with her to sit near the maze wall opening.

"It's so interesting, isn't it?" Asked Teresa. You nodded your head and shoveled some food into your mouth. The wall seemed so mysterious, it must be a hard job to go out and run it's maze every day. Just then Minho came jogging through it's entrance, looking defeated and outright tired. Teresa called him over.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" He had asked. He wiped a little sweat from his brow and smiled.

"It's all the same in here. Pulled some weeds, plowed a new plot for Newt, any news as to what's going on in there?" She questioned. Minho dragged a foot along the ground.

"Well, I thought we had a lead, but it turns out Thomas just led us down the wrong path. Which it's not exactly the first time this has happened, but it gets frustrating to accidentally back track when there could be new undiscovered turns and openings deep within." He said, eyes twinkling. Sometimes I think Minho was adorable, but he couldn't compare to the history between Thomas and I. Just then, Thomas came barreling in from between the walls. At the best time too, because they started to close for the evening right as he came in. He walked towards our group with anger in his eyes.

"Hey Tommy!" Said Teresa. He glared at her in return.

"Don't you dare 'Tommy' me! Not at a time like this!" He spat, swinging his bag to the ground.

"Woah buddy, easy there. I wouldn't want to put you in the pit for a bad attitude." Minho piped in. He earned a death glare from Thomas, too.

"Sweetie, what's gotten into you?" I asked, searching his darkened eyes for answers.

"That was a crap day! Every single note was for nothing! Instead of locating any hidden areas, we chased our tails for hours! Tell me how something that terrible could be reversed!"

"Baby calm down, you can try something new tomorrow." You said, sticking a hand out to touch his shoulder. He yanked away in anger and disgust.
"Don't you touch me!" He shouted. You cowered as Teresa and Minho stared in awe.

"Thomas! Please stop I just want to help!" You cried out. He rolled his eyes.

"I don't need help from a disgusting little bitch like you. You've changed, (y/n). Get the fuck away from me." He yelled. Before you realized what was happening he hit you across the face.

You fell to the ground and started crying then and there. Minho lurched at Thomas, catching him off guard. He fought and kicked but to no use. Minho pinned Thomas's arms behind him and pushed him towards the pit.

"I'm sorry buddy, but you deserve punishment. That kind of behavior is uncalled for around here." Minho stated. Thomas's head was hung in shame.

So here you were now, thinking back on the nights event. You fought the idea hard, but you knew you had to do it. Rolling over and sighing, you woke up Teresa. She cracked her eyes open and picked her head up.
" What is it, (y/n)?" She asked. You let out a small exhale.

"I'm done with Thomas."

Okay guys, this may not be a lovey dovey happily ever after in the glade story. But I did write it with a purpose. You don't have to take being bullied by someone, together or not together. Stand up to them before it becomes abuse. I believe in you, and everyone deserves real happiness.