Imagine For DJ

The sun hadn't even come up yet when Minho came to get you.

"DJ!!" He whisper screamed, shaking your hammock. You moaned back for a second, but quickly shot up with a smile. Newt, Alby, and Minho had been talking for a while and finally agreed on letting you become a runner.

"Where's Thomas?" You asked, looking over and realizing he wasn't with him.

"He got an early start. Said he thought he saw something new yesterday." Minho responded, grabbing your hand and pulling you out of bed. "C'mon, the sun gonna be up anytime now."

Making your way to the walls, Minho stopped you for a second. "Remember, if there's anything new, map it. I'm gonna stay with you for he first bit, but I'm going to send you the way Thomas went after lunch." He said. You smiled and looked up at the wall, thought of all the possible things that are on the inside.
"Okay, let's go!" Said Minho, running inside. You took a deep breath and followed him in. The walls seemed higher and creepier from the inside. Everything was covered in a layer of vines, and the air had a heavy feeling to it. It scared you, but at the same time gave you a sense of adventure. You and Minho ran through different long halls, him stopping a few times to write some things down. You probably should've too, but all you could think about was where Thomas was. Ever since you had gotten to the glade, Thomas seemed to be there to help you. Surely he was okay since he's done this for a while, but something about "finding something new" was unsettling. After a few hours of pushing yourself to keep up, Minho stopped and sat against a wall, pulling out the stuff he brought for lunch.

"Now listen DJ." He said though bites of sandwich. "Thomas should be close. I'm going to let you go on your own, will that be okay?"

You smiled from ear to ear. That's just what you've wanted to hear. "Very okay. I've been waiting for you to say that." You replied. He just rolled his eyes and finished his sandwhich. After gulping down half of a water bottle, he stood back up.

"Would you like me to point which way Thomas said he was going?" He asked. You smile up at him.

"Please?" You say. He lifts you up off the floor and takes you to a fork in paths.

"You go this way, keep track of where you go though. We can't have you getting lost." He said. You nodded your head. He took off in his path, so you took off in yours.

The maze was a lot more ominous when you were finally alone. It felt like running through the woods by the deadheads, but it was way easier to get hurt here. You stopped once or twice to mark which ways you went, but after a while everything seemed to blur together. Deciding it was time to go back, you took out your notebook. None of the notes you took seemed to make sense, and you started to panic. It was hard to remember how long it had been since you'd seen Minho, but it had to have been two hours. He was probably going to be heading back by now. All of a sudden you heard a weird noise. It was barely noticable, but too weird to just be a beetle blade. It made you start fearing what could be close. Then you remembered Thomas.

"Thomas?" You shouted. No answer.

"Thomas? It's DJ." You tried again. Walking to the end of a wall, you saw something stirring in a corner. Your heart dropped, because it was obviously not Thomas. It was a griever.

The griever noticed you too, because it lurched out at you with it's claw wide open, a stinger directed strait at your chest. You screamed and ran. It didn't matter where you were going anymore, as long as it was far away from the griever. You took so many twists and turns, but the mechanical slug was always one step ahead of you. Losing hope, you decided to try something new. After another turn, you slowed down and grabbed a vine. There wasn't enough time to test if it was sturdy, you just had to get away. The vines grabbed and sliced at your clothes, but you kept going. The griever was close behind. Hope was running out again so you finally gave up. Clinging to a vine, you peered down at the monster. It was right beneath you. Closing your eyes, you prayed for a quick death. But then you heard a high-pitched squeal, soon followed by a squish. Opening your eyes, you looked down again, this time to see a dead griever with a knife in it's back on the ground....and Thomas. You slowly climbed down, your wounds from the climb up becoming unbearably painful. At the bottom, Thomas grabbed you in a bear hug and cried into your hair.

"DJ I can't believe i almost lost you." He said, stroking your hair and trying to calm down.

"I'm okay now." You said, smiling up at him.

"DJ.....I love you so much." He said, pulling you into a hug again.

"I love you too Thomas." You said back, hugging him tighter.

"I've loved you since the first time I met you, and I wasn't ready to lose you." He said, wiping back tears.

"It's okay now, you saved me." You said. He smiled at you, then looked at his watch.

"Now let's go, people are probably waiting." He said, grabbing your hand. You both ran back to the glade together, and have been running partners ever since.

I hoped you liked your imagine DJ!

X bbgirl3321