| MATT |

Chapter 5

Days passed and hours went by. A lot of things happened, a lot of things has been said. The only thing that has been uncleared to me is this project.

DAMN.

I swear! I spend everyday and night trying to do this freaking project alone! I tried to make our story more realistic since the one who was suppose to help decides to leave me alone, all stranded on doing this project.

'sigh'

Typical nerd. Always busy on doing projects and homeworks.

My mom tried to help me on doing this project. She asked me where is my partner on this project...

I told her that he bailed on me......

"WHAT!" She practically screamed.

My body began trembling for a second. I hate it when she gets mad.

"Are you telling me that your partner left you alone on doing this project?!" She asked me as she fixed her glasses properly.

My mom wears glasses. All of us does. It runs in our family for generations. You see, we Evergreen has problems on eye-sights. I still remembered having my first glasses, I was about 4 years old. My eyes were rated with high grade with an average of 140.

"Mom. I. told. you. It. is. okay." I said dramatically at every word so that my mom can get my words through her thick skull.

"I know dear but this will be more hard if you keep forcing yourself into doing something that is mean't to be made by teamwork."
She ask as she sat beside me and tried conforting me.

I sighed and faced her, giving her a fake-smile.

"Mom, sometimes we need to do something independent so we don't have to depend on other people. You, yourself, told me that." I pointed at her,

She give me a warming smile.

"I know honey. I just can't stand watching you being tired and stressed all the time." She said worriedly.

I chuckled.

"Mom, I am used to this. Remember?" I asked her.

I watched her face frowned as she started collecting the memories where I was crying when someone bullied me.

When I was kid, a lot of kids that were my age would insult me. I have a lot of memories for a kid.

You know why?

The typical reason.

When I was a kid, I would act differently than any normal boys. Instead of playing with toys, I would just study at my seat minding my own business.

Then they started to notice. That's when the insults come in.

Thats why I am numb to pain. Growing up alone with no friends.

I am glad that there were no physical bullying occured.

Sometimes, she would cry with me. She would hug me to sleep. She would blame herself for being a stupid mother and for not taking care of her son.

She loves me. Deeply.

"Mom, you don't need to worry. I am big guy now. I don't want to cry anymore. I don't want to come home with scars that makes you worry. I'll promise you this, if I graduate this highschool I would work full time to support you more." I promised.