"Oh shit, I'm sorry." She said nervously.

I straightened myself and bent down to pick up some of the papers.

"It's fine." I said. I smiled softly at her.

She was flushed and she quickly scooped up the rest of the papers, throwing them into the folder.

"McKayla, right?" She asked me.

It was as if it was the first time she really saw me. Tara looked me up and down. Almost studying me.

"That's right, I'm Jax's girlfriend." I said.

The word 'girlfriend' made her wince. I knew it was pouring salt on a wound. But I didn't really care. Jax was mine. He loved me. Not her. Not anymore.

Tara forced herself to smile and nodded.

"I heard he's going home tomorrow." She said, trying to make small talk.

I nodded and shifted my purse to my other shoulder.

"Yeah, we can't wait to get him home." I said.

Awkward silence filled the hallway. What are one night stands and current girlfriends supposed to talk about anyway?

"Well, it was nice to see you again McKayla." She said finally.

I smiled sweetly.

"You too, Dr. Knowles."

She faked another smile back at me and headed off towards the nurse's station. I smiled to myself and finally made it to the elevator.

"Good morning Abel," I said as I opened his door the next morning.

Abel was standing up in his crib, smiling at me. He held out his arms and I picked him up.

"Guess what? Daddy's coming home today!" I said as I bounced him up and down.

Abel grinned and clapped his hands together. I laughed and carried him out to the kitchen. Gemma was drinking some coffee and cleaning up the counter. She smiled when Abel reached out for her.

"I'll take him. You get ready." She said to me.

I nodded and handed him over. I was still in my night shirt and my hair was pulled up in a messy bun. It was about 9 am and Jax couldn't be release until about 11:30. I was up at 7 to get the house cleaned before Abel woke up. I took a quick shower and wrapped my hair up in a towel. As I looked in the closet, I couldn't decide what to wear. Jax would like whatever I put on, but I wanted to look nice. That's a lie. I wanted to look hot so that when I saw Tara, and I know that I would, she would see what Jax has now.

I smirked to myself as I pulled on a pair of black lace panties and a matching bra. I wiggled into a pair of skin tight jeans and a low cut red shirt. I threw on a tight leather vest that buttoned just under my boobs. Once I was dressed, I looked at myself in the mirror. Jax was going to love it. I pulled the towel from my hair and let it fall around my shoulders. I scrunched it up so that it was curly and tossed it so it looked messy. I quickly finished my makeup and grabbed my leather boots from the back of the closet.

Before I walked out of the room, I remembered that Jax wanted me to bring him a change of clothes. A small overnight bag was in the closet. I took it and set it on the bed. Jax's side of the closet looked so plain next to mine. It was full of Reaper shirts and a few flannels and dress shirts. I smiled and pulled out a white t shirt that said Reaper on it and smelled it. It smelled just like him. I tossed that, a pair of jeans and boxers into the bag and zipped it up. Lying on the foot of the bed was Jax's cut. I hadn't touched it since the night I brought it home. I slowly ran my fingers over the worn patches and smiled. This was Jax. I smiled and folded it over my arm, on top of my boots, and left the room.