I stayed quiet for a little while, just letting all the information sink in. It was a lot to handle. I was sure that if it was me in Harry's position I would've done the same thing.

"So where did Missy go anyway?" I asked after a while.

"She had a sinus infection, which happens to be what was wrong with her the night of the crash, which is why he was even more upset than usual when she is taken away. He had to give her a tranquilizer just so she would get into the trailer."

So that's why he was acting so weird. This explains so much! Maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh. I definitely shouldn't have said what I said. I'm a terrible person.

"I need to go apologize don't I?" I groaned.

"I think that would be a good idea, but remember, we never had this talk." Paul winked.

I nodded my head thoughtfully and started to exit, but then I turned back around when I realized I had no idea where Harry was.

"Uh, where is he?"

"Go into the second tack room in the barn. You'll see a door. Open that and go up the stairs."

"Got it."

I left the office and started for the barn. I tried to think of something to say to him, but I couldn't come up with anything except for 'I'm sorry I said go cry to your mum. I didn't know she was dead'. Obviously I couldn't say that. That would make things ten times worse.

I found the door and pulled it open then walked up the steps. I was met with another door and I cautiously knocked.

"Go away Paul."

Harry's voice was like a stab to my heart. It was dry and scratchy, making me wonder how long he had been crying. It had been over four hours since Paul took him away. He couldn't still be crying could he?

"It's Louis." I called back softly.

I didn't get an answer, so I turned the doorknob. Luckily, it was open, so I pushed it farther until I could see into the room. I shut it behind me before glancing around.

It seemed to be some sort of bedroom. There was a single picture on the wall of Harry and his family, but other then that, the gray walls were bare. There was a small bathroom in the corner and a closet in the opposite corner. In the middle of the room, against the wall, was a bed on which Harry was lying face down. A lamp sat on the bedside table, shedding light into the otherwise dark room. I looked around for more furniture, but that was all there seemed to be.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the agony, and sat next to Harry on the bed. He wiggled to the right, away from me, and buried his face further into the pillow. I sighed and took a minute to gather my thoughts.

"Harry-"

"Leave me alone." He cut me off.

"Just let me explain." My voice was on the verge of being a begging tone.

I wasn't sure why I cared so much, but for some reason, I didn't want the curly haired kid to hate me. Maybe after this we could at least try to be friends. I at least owed him that. I mean, who doesn't want to be friends with the Prince of England?

"There's nothing to explain."

He rolled onto his side facing me and I gasped. Not only was he still crying, but his eyes were bloodshot and duller than I'd ever seen them. His cheeks were flushed and his hair was matted down in some places and sticking up in others. He looked like a complete wreck.

"I'm sorry okay. I didn't- I-I." I sighed. "What do you want me to say? I'm sorry I fucked up!" I lowered my voice. "Let me make it up to you."

"H-How?" He sniffed, still looking angry with me.

"Well what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to leave me alone." He groaned.

"I won't leave you alone until you forgive me."

"Fine, I forgive you, now leave."

"That wasn't very sincere." I narrowed my eyes at him.

Harry sat up and glared at me. His glare was actually really terrifying. It was like he was burning two eye shaped holes into me. I cleared my throat and crossed my arms, refusing to back down.

"I don't need your help, nor do I want it, so get the fuck out of my room!" He shouted.

"What is your problem? I'm trying to be nice but you're being a complete jerk! I get that you're upset about what happened to your family, but that doesn't give you the right to take it out on me!"

At some point during my little rant I had stood up. I glared even harder at Harry, but then I realized what had just come out of my mouth and my eyes widened in terror. I said it. I said something about his family. If he didn't hate me before he's definitely going to hate me now.

"Who, who t-told you?"

I looked closer and saw that he was starting to shake. I shook my head subconsciously and sat beside him.

"Paul, but don't be mad at him, we both know how stubborn I can be."

"Damn right." Harry snorted.

I let out an unexpected giggle and Harry glared at me again. I mumbled an apology and looked down at the ground awkwardly. Harry sighed and sat up next to me, also looking at his feet.

"I forgive you, but only because you tried so hard. Most people don't even care when they upset me. They'll just call me a freak and avoid me for the rest of the summer." He shrugged. " 'm sorry I yelled at you."

"Don't worry about it." I put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I get it. You don't have to explain anything to me."

A tiny smile appeared for a brief second before it was gone again. I internally groaned. He just seems so broken, and for some reason I want to fix him.

"So you live up here?" I asked, looking around.

"Yeah, no one knows about it except for me, my uncle, my aunt, and now you. It's kind of like my safe place. I can come here and be alone."

"Harry you know it wasn't your fault." I sighed. He sucked in a sharp breath at the mention of the accident.

"I don't want to talk about this." He muttered.

"Well let me know when you do, because they're some things I want to ask. For now though, I'll leave you alone." I reached for the door. "Oh, and Harry? Missy's going to be fine. I just know it."

With that said I shut the door and let out the breath I was holding. I stumbled down the steps and returned to my own room. I felt dizzy almost. So much had happened in so little time.

I was supposed to call my parents, but I figured I'd do it tomorrow, because I was just too damn tired. I fell into an easy sleep, cuddling with my pillow.

****

A/N: Hi!!! I hope you guys are liking this story so far! It's about to get a lot more interesting so please stick around and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me!:D xx