Chapter Thirty One-Alexandria

Simon and I found Ryia passed out on the grass next to the remains of the Demon Knight. Simon carried her back to the castle, and I slowly trudged next to him. We had won the fight, and the Demon King's army was no more. Even though we had won,my couldn't get over the guilt of killing him. Terrin. When I attacked him, I did it in spite of my anger. I wasn't thinking of what I was doing. I wasn't thinking that maybe, just maybe, he could have become the person he once was. My anger was controlling me. I thought that he was completely gone, nothing but the Demon King's vessel. But now that he's gone, I wanted him back more than anything.

"Alex...you did the right thing. You don't have to be upset about it" Simon said. I looked at him and said, "he...he was my best friend...". A tear streamed down my cheek. Simon smiled warmly. "Alex, he wasn't the person he used to be in the end. He was someone else" he said. "But....maybe...he....he could have changed..." I quietly said. Simon shook his head. "It was the end for my little brother....that's more than obvious" he said. I didn't respond. I would never get over the guilt of killing my closest friend. As we walked back to Talahan, I thought of the memories that we had together.

When we arrived back at the castle, Aaron was waiting at the castle doors. As soon as I saw him, I ran towards him. I ran into Aaron's arms, and I cried on his shoulder. Aaron hugged me tightly and sobbed as well. "Alexandria...your okay....." He said. I hugged him even tighter. Then, Aaron placed his lips firmly on mine. We stood there for a long time.

"Aaron...I...I killed him..." I said. Aaron looked at me with confusion in his eyes. "What do you mean?" He asked. A tear streamed down my cheek. "Terrin...I killed him. I had too...he almost killed me. I-if it weren't for Simon's healing, I would have died, but still....I can't get over it...." I said. Aaron wiped away my tear with his thumb. He placed a kiss on my forehead. "I understand your burden, you know that. It's hard to live with something like this. It will haunt you for many years. But I promise that someday, it won't bother you anymore" Aaron said.

Another tear streamed down my cheek, and Aaron wiped it away. "It may seem like this burden will last forever, but it won't. That, I can promise you" he said. I hugged Aaron tightly, and he smiled. "Thank you....Aaron...." I said. "I love you, Alexandria" Aaron said. I smiled and said, "and I love you, Aaron". We kissed once more before going back into the castle. When we arrived inside, I saw that Ryia was awake. She looked horribly exhausted, but she was awake. She smiled when she saw me. "Sis, your ok!" She said. I hugged my sister and smiled.

"I'm fine. The question is, are you? Is the baby alright?" I asked. Ryia smiled and nodded. "We are both alright" she said, placing her hand on her stomach. I smiled and hugged her. "It's all over now...everything is ok...." I said. Ryia nodded in agreement. I glanced over Ryia's shoulder to see Simon standing there, smiling at the both of us. "Simon....thank you for your aid. Without you, more men would have been lost" I said. Simon smiled and said, "I know, I'm just too amazing for words". "Ha, more like too stupid for words!" Ryia said.

Ryia and I laughed, and Simon rolled his eyes. "Come on guys, you know you love me" he said. "Mm hmm, suuuuuuuure" I said sarcastically. Ryia and I laughed even harder,many soon, Aaron and Simon were laughing with us too. I only wished that Terrin was laughing with us as well, and Leo, and Rowen. I missed them all dearly, but I had learned something from Aaron. No matter how much you miss someone, or no matter how hard the weight of a burden is, life goes on.

Just like my life will.