Chapter Twenty Seven-Alexandria

Time hit me like an arrow to the throat. After just one week of training, it happened. I was outside in the training grounds, practicing my way with the sword and shooting arrows at targets, when suddenly a maid ran towards me. "Your highness, their coming! The shadow army is advancing towards Talahan!" She said. I lightly gasped. "A-are you sure?" I asked. The maid nodded in reassurance. I sheathed my sword. "I'll get the army ready" I responded. The maid nodded again. She bowed and ran back into the castle. I grabbed my arrows and ran towards the castle.

When I went inside, I was surprised to see Simon waiting for me. "Alexandria, I need to talk to you" he said. "Not now Simon, the Shadow Army is advancing towards Talahan. It's time for me to lead my army into battle" I said. "Yes, that's what I wanted to talk to you about" he said. I glanced outside. "You have a mere three minutes" I said. "I want to lead the army with you" Simon said. My eyes widened. "E-excuse me?" I asked. "Alexandria, we can lead them together. Do you realize that we both have powerful shadow magic? If you and I work together, we can have the shadow army defeated in no time!" Simon said.

It was true. Simon and I alone were both two extremely powerful beings. But if we combined our powers, we would be unstoppable. "I understand what your saying. But Ryia....she seems to care for you a lot. If you die..." I said. Simon laughed, interrupting me. "Trust me, Alex, I won't die, for if I do, I'll never see Ryia's face again" he said. I smiled. He really did care about Ryia. But I wasn't just smiling at that. I could see Terrin in him, the old Terrin. And he had called me Alex...did he mean to do that? "Alright. You can walk besides me while I lead Talahan. I'll tell you my plan" I said. Simon nodded and listened to my words.

"Now with the both of us fighting alongside one another, we have twice the size of power. As soon as the army gets outside of Talahan, I was planning on putting a barrier around the kingdom. Then when the Shadow Army emerges, I would put a barrier around our army" I said. "Y-you can really maintain all of that magic by yourself?" Simon asked. I nodded. "It's nothing, just a piece of cake. And now that theirs the both of us, we can each make one powerful barrier. I'll make the one on our kingdom, you make the one on the army" I said. Simon smiled. "Sounds like a plan!" He said. I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you Simon....thank you for helping me" I said. Simon nodded and smiled. "I've always loved Talahan. Before I was possessed, I wanted to help it. And besides, you and I both know that I need a little bit of revenge. The Demon King himself will be on the battlefield" he said. I smiled. "And revenge you will get" I said. He nodded. "Alright, let's get the army and charge into battle" I said. Simon nodded. I was about to go outside to meet the army there, but Simon quickly grabbed my arm. "Alexandria, I have one thing to ask of you" Simon said.

I nodded and listened to him. "I want you to put a barrier over Ryia herself as well. Your barrier magic is more powerful than mine. I don't want her to get hurt. She's insisting on fighting, even though she's risking her child's life. I don't want her getting hurt" Simon said. "I will. I'll do it" I said. "Thank you....and you can't tell her you've done this. She may kill you" Simon said with a sly smile. I nodded in agreement. "Alright, I'll do it. Now let's get to the army" I said. Simon nodded. Together, we ran outside and met up with the Knights of Talahan.

When we arrived outside, Aaron and Ryia were waiting for us. As soon as I saw her, I put the invisible shadow barrier around her. "I did it. I put the invisible barrier around her" I quietly said. Simon nodded. "Simon, Alexandria!" Ryia said. Simon smiled. Aaron ran towards me and gave me a huge hug while Simon explained to Ryia that he would be alongside me leading the army. "Alexandria....please....don't get killed out there" Aaron quietly said. I smiled. "I'll be alright. I just want to say the same to you" I responded.

Aaron nodded. "Alexandria...." He said. Aaron placed his lips against mine, giving each a warm kiss. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too, Aaron" I responded. I gripped his hand. "Aaron....watch over Ryia. She's pregnant, and..." I said. Aaron nodded. "I'll protect her with all of my might" he said. I smiled. Then, I turned around. Ryia gave me a huge hug, and I returned the hug. "Stay safe sis, alright?" She said. I laughed. "It's you that needs to stay safe, Ryia. You have a child in there" I said, placing my hand on her stomach. Ryia smiled. "I will, don't worry" she said. I nodded. "Alright Simon, let's head up there" I said. Simon nodded. Together, the two of us walked towards the front lines. I glanced behind me once. Aaron and Ryia were watching us walk away.

A tear streamed down my face. "Aww, don't cry. They'll be alright. Aaron promised to protect Ryia, and she has an invisible shadow barrier as well. And Aaron can take care of himself, trust me" Simon said. I nodded in agreement. "Hey, your highness! " said a voice. I turned around to see young Takeshi running towards me. "I've made you a crossbow! It shoots farther and faster than most normal crossbows!" He said. Takeshi held out the crossbow, and I took it from him and smiled. "Thank you, Takeshi" I said. I placed my hand on his head. "Stay safe, okay? I've lost a lot of people I care about. I don't want to loose you too" I said.

Takeshi's eyes grew visibly wide. "You....care about me?" He asked. I laughed. "Well of course!" I said. He smiled, and tears welled in his eyes. Then, he gave me a huge hug. I was shocked at first, but after a minute, I returned the hug. "Thank you, your highness. And please, stay safe!" He said. I nodded. "Don't worry kid, I will" I said. I gave him one last smile before walking away with Simon. After a minute, we arrived at the frontline of the army. Simon and I stood in front of the army. "Knights of Talahan! Today, we will fight! And today, we will take back what has been taken from us!" I yelled. The Knights cheered, and Simon and I led the army into battle.