Chapter 12- Ryia

My back burned and I couldn't bring myself to close my eyes. Fear consumed my heart and I didn't know what to do. I wanted to run. Leo came in soon after Alexandria left to tell everyone about the note. It was a warning to not only her but to me. No one else would figure that out though. I never said a word about the threat to Leo. If they could kill Alexandria they would go for Leo next. It would go on and on and on until everyone I ever cared about would die. It reminded me of the story Simon read me about the girl who cried wishes. Everyone she loved died leaving her to cry herself to eternal sleep. "Ryia what's wrong, you look scarred" Leo said. "I don't know anymore, I miss the times when I didn't have to worry about any of this. I wish we could have met when I was just an assassin and not some hunted princess. I wish you could have seen me back then, I was even more full of myself than I am now" I laughed through my tears. "I would have probably been a show off to try impress you" Leo said laughing at the thought. "How strange that would have been" giggling I rolled onto my back, I winced and sat up. "Are you okay?" Leo asked leaning over me. Nodding I laid down on my side. "You should sleep Ryia" Leo said moving to leave the room. "Wait, can you lay down with me just until I fall asleep?" I asked hatting how weak I sounded. Leo smiled and kissed me, "of course". Taking off his shoes and shirt he moved the covers and climbed in pulling himself closer to me and draping an arm softly over my waist. Breathing him in I couldn't help but snuggle closer. Soon enough I had drifted off to sleep. I once more found myself in the library. Simon ran over to me. "Ryia, are you alright? Did he hurt you?"Simon asked worry painting his voice. "How did you know someone hurt me?". Simon turned away. "Simon do you know about the demon knight?". "Stop that, if you keep talking about him he'll come. I can't hold him at bay right now, I'm not focused enough" Simon whispered a pained look crossing his face. "I don't understand, why would the demon knight come here?" I asked desperate for some answers. "Its too late, its always too late" Simon fell to his knees and covered his ears and for the first time ever I saw a tear roll down his cheek. "Simon-" before I could make another sound the library crashed down around us and a laugh sounded eerily through the darkness. "Tsk, tsk, Simon I thought we agreed that there would be no speaking of me in your dreams, wasn't that the deal" the demon knight's voice sounded through the dark. "You sw-swore you wouldn't hurt her in her dreams again, y-you're at fault as well" Simon stuttered. "Yes I suppose so". With that a room of stone walls lined with torches appeared around us. A man no older than twenty-two with long black hair, ghost pale skin, and eyes as dark and smeared as coal stood in front of the now standing Simon at least a head taller looking down at him with an evil smile. "I guess as an apology I'll give Ryia her memories back, but first" he ran a finger down Simon's forearm. Simon screamed out and fell to his knees. Left were the demon knight had touched Simon was a long, deep cut gushing with blood. With an apologetic glance at me Simon flickered and disappeared. "Simon!" I called out. Worry flooded my senses were had he gone? Was he dead? "Don't worry young one your friend just woke up, he needed to attend to his wounds" the demon knight said sauntering over to me. Relief flooded through me. "Its quite bothersome your fate was already written, you would make a lovely addition to my collection. Time to keep up end of the deal" the demon knight pressed his finger against my temple. There was a burning sensation at first and then memory after memory flooded through my mind. When Simon and I had first met in the woods when I was thirteen. We had talked about everything, about magic and fairy tails , life and death, killing and healing. After that we had met up in our dreams, most of the time we met up in the library but sometimes we would have tea or go sailing on a boat. We talked up until I turned sixteen, when Simon had said someone was listening into his dreams so he wouldn't be able to dream with me until he could figure everything out, I had hugged him and told him to come back and dream with me as soon as he could. I remember feeling so alone in the darkness of my dreams until my memories of Simon had been taken from my mind.Then there were six words that appeared in my head: It was always the demon knight. "There, its time for you to wake up young one". I bolted up in bed. The demon knight, it was always the demon knight.