Chapter 30- Ryia

I used only fire magic, I didn't need anything but Leo's element to kill the Demon knight and I was going to avenge Leo so I could face my future with a strong heart and no regrets. The Demon Knight laughed as I parried and lashed out with the flames though I could see sweat beading at his forehead, whether it was from my blade or from the hour of harsh sword fight I couldn't tell but I knew I was finally wearing him down. "It must be quite humiliating, isn't it to see someone like me, a mere mortal holding my own against and immortal knight such as yourself" I said with a smile that didn't bother to hide my elation. Without his usual witty retort he advanced forward, shadows blurring him with the grey sky. His steel grey eyes told that he was focused now that my power had shown itself to him. I determined that distractions would longer be effective. That is until the devilish smirk found its way back to the knight's lips. Good, distractions wouldn't usually be a part of my strategy but against an immortal Demon Knight I would take any distraction I could possibly grasp, which were few and hard to came buy. His sword surged while I had been in thought and I barely had time to dodge what would have been a fatal blow to the heart but as it was it was just a cut to my shoulder my luck must have been good because it was my left arm meaning my sword was unharmed. My mind remained focused on the battle from that moment on though. My thought swerved to fey training from that moment forward though and I could almost hear Leo's voice telling me which technique to use and how to carry on the battle. His voice was so clear and so like him that I nearly stopped but Leo's voice urged me to fight on and so I did. I could see the Demon Knight's face contort in confusion as I continually used moves I had no recollection of learning in my time training as an assassin or in the fey camp. I didn't question it at the time I was too focused in on the battle and listening to Leo's voice in my head. It was almost lulling and I could no longer feel the pain when his sword scraped my skin and when the Demon Knight pressed his weight into his swing I no longer felt the sword slipping out of my hand. I felt more alive than I had in a long while it was like I was weightless and strong which was strange feeling to have all together. I saw the Demon Knight's eyes grow wide and he faltered a step to the point that I was able to land a blow on his sword arm. He cursed and then said "How did you get a blessing of the dead upon you? How could such a young being as yourself have obtained such a feat? No matter though it shall be removed easy enough". He sent a wave of shadows at me and Leo's voice screamed 'don't let it touch you'. I moved out of the way as fast as I could manage and still I could feel the wave rustle the edge of my clothes. "There is no reason for the souls to protect you unless the over rulers have been interfering and they won't be to for long anyway with that much power they are not aloud to meddle in mortal affairs" the Demon Knight rambled on. I couldn't make head or tail of any of it though I supposed it had to do with the prophecy of the end of the Demon King, not something I had time to worry about at that moment. I swept forward hoping to catch him off guard but he deflected my blow and just like that we were back to sword play. As we swung and deflected I felt the energy fading away along with Leo's voice until I could only hear a whisper saying 'I love you no matterwhat I miss you Ryia'. I could almost see his face as his voice spoke those words. Forcing the tears down I tried to focus, but with that it was gone and I was left tired and straining to keep my sword of fire alight. The Demon Knight could tell that the magic was gone as well he started putting all his weight into his sword trying to exhaust me, but it made him clumsy. I started getting more cuts on him and was able to dodge a few of his heavier blows. The dance was less beautiful now and more desperate I was afraid that death would follow soon. I started loosing agility and I knew if I was going to make a killing blow it would have to be soon. I rammed forward knocking his sword to the side and making him fall to the ground. Without a word or a moment's hesitation I plunged the fiery sword into the Demon Knight's chest. I saw the way his kin melted off in thick shadowy puddles dissipating into the air. Watching all the bodies of the enemy soldiers fall, not dead, but weak and hazy I heard an order to call troops back and send medic out to help all survivors enemy or otherwise, the Demon knight was dead and there were no more enemies, not anymore. I looked around and the earth seemed to spin. I had killed the Demon Knight. It felt like a dream and I felt sick and could taste the acidic bile pushing its way up my throat. The sickly feeling came on stronger than I could remember it feeling throughout the whole of my life. I vomited on the ground. As I tried to retreat with the other soldiers I ended up fall face first into the uncommonly soft grass.