Epilogue

"Are you going to tell me where we're going yet?" I asked impatiently as Noah continued to lead me to an unknown place which was probably my death. I reached for the blindfold over my eyes but my hand was swatted away. 

"Don't touch." 

I sighed and crossed my free arm over my chest, unable to stop the slight pout that formed on my lips. "You know, if your plan this whole time had been to lure me in, get me to fall in love with you and then force me out into the woods and kill me, you could have at least let me live out the rest of my summer break." I informed him playfully, and all of a sudden we stopped walking. 

I head Noah clear his throat. "What did you just say?" 

Silence.

Oh. Crap. 

I'd just told Noah that I was in love with him. 

"That you could have let me live out the rest of the summer?" I asked sheepishly, suddenly feeling all hot and sweaty with nerves. I dropped Noah's hand and wrapped my arms around myself, as if I could fend off the coming awkwardness. 

"No, before that." 

"That you're forcing me into the woods?" 

"Before that too."

"Oh, you mean the part about luring me in..."

Noah chuckled, and part of me was glad that I was still blindfolded because at least I couldn't see his expression, whatever it was. "Where are you going to go now, eh?" He asked, and I could almost feel the smirk forming on his face. 

I sighed, feeling my cheeks burning with embarrassment. Noah's hands settled on either side of my face, and he pressed his lips to mine gently. "I love you too, Isabelle." He whispered, his voice as light and soft as a feather. 

Dead. 

I must be dead. 

I died and went to heaven. 

That's the only feasible explanation. 

I was unable to speak as Noah pulled away and grabbed my hand again, continuing to lead me into who-knows-where. 

How was that even possible? How could he just say that he loves me and kiss me and be completely fine and sane while I'm over here feeling like the life has just been dazzled out of me? Then again, he was the dazzling one, whereas I was less than sparkly. 

We walked for a few more minutes in silence, Noah's thumb rubbing the back of my hand soothingly, before stopping at what must have been our destination. 

"Okay, you ready to see the evening that your amazing boyfriend has set up for you?" Noah asked, and I nodded my head eagerly. 

"I would love to see the evening that my mediocre boyfriend has set up for me." I joked, and had I not been wearing a blindfold, I would have winked. 

Noah reached behind my head to pull the bandana from my face and it took me a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the lighting. 

"Woah." I breathed, stunned into a silence immediately after the word left my mouth. Noah had set up a gorgeous picnic on the beach, complete with a blanket and cushions, an array of different foods, a laptop with an assortment of movies surrounding it and fresh flowers in a ceramic vase perched in the sand. I looked over at Noah and found his watching me apprehensively, his dark eyes revealing flashes of nervousness. I couldn't help the smile that found its way to my face as I pulled him into a hug, resting my cheek against his chest. 

"I love it. Thank you." I breathed. 

Noah released a whoosh of air and I felt him relax beneath me, making me smile again. "Okay good. It's our first official date and I wanted it to be special for you."