chapter 18

kyle, isaac, and cora headed back to new orleans via plane, an idea which cora found stupid.

"we could be there by morning if we travelled by foot." she said as she packed some important belongings inside her beaten bag.

"we can't exactly cross the atlantic ocean, you know." isaac pointed out. that's basically where the bickering and rolling of eyes started.

|||

they arrived unexpected in front of a classic, victorian era-esque building that could've been mistaken for a mansion.

kyle pressed a button and a bell rang like a melodic symphony. cora and isaac looked at one another and shrugged.

"kyle!" a blonde woman gasped - standing still for a few minutes before hugging kyle. "you should've told us you've already been released so we could've prepared a welcome home party." she said as soon as she pulled away and ushered them in.

"i wasn't officially released. you see what happened was -" cora coughed. "anyway, long story short i need to see madison."

"madison's not here for a whole month." she informed them. "oh where are my manners." she chuckled. "cordelia foxx, supreme."

cora introduced herself stiffly and shook hands with cordelia. on the other end of the werewolf chain, isaac gleefully introduced himself, mentioning the amazing building.

"this coven has been a safe haven for us witches since the hunt for our kind started in salem." cordelia sighed. "anyway, what do you need madison for?"

"i have this...hunch that she took zoe somewhere."

"you just can't assume that, kyle! she's been helping around here, recruiting and teaching beside me. i gave her a month long break because she deserves it. ever since the war, i noticed that she changed. sure, she still might have a defiant streak, but most of the time i'll catch her smiling for good reasons."

"did she leave or forget anything that belongs to her?"

"why?" cordelia asked, halting on a couple of steps.

"my friends," kyle motioned for cora and isaac. "they're werewolves. they could help track madison down and possibly zoe and chloe."

"you're still going on about that?" cordelia huffed. "fine. go up to the room she shared with zoe. she might've left something."

kyle nodded, apologized first before heading to the room.

|||

the room was bare, except for two beds with neatly folded blankets on top of it.

they split up: isaac searched under the beds, cora went inside the bathroom, and kyle checked the closet.

after 5 minutes of shuffling, they still haven't found anything and kyle was starting to get frustrated.

"look at this."

kyle whipped his head out of the closet he checked a million times and looked at isaac. he was holding something blue and silky.

"you'd look good in this, cora." he joked and got hit in the head by a box of soap.

"let me see that." kyle took the fabric, a sudden recollection of events flashing in his mind.

"this - this is hers."

"how do you know?" cora asked as she stepped out of the restroom, her shirt wet. isaac didn't ask knowing what cora would throw at him next now that she's surrounded with more things.