chapter 4

madison left after she was done rejoicing about fiona's situation. kyle would never understand that girl.

"how was your visit?" isaac asked with a little smile on his lips and a dimple poking out on his cheeks.

kyle tried to return the gesture, but it turned out to be a tightly lifted smile.

"well, better than no one at all." isaac sighed and sunk deeper under the sheets.

"they didn't find her body." kyle whispered so softly, almost only to himself. as if not saying it out loud would make it less painful and less realistic.

"i'm sorry, what?"

"my wife - her body wasn't one of the bodies at the morgue." he could already taste the saltiness of his tears before they were even formed.

"hey. hey, look at me. look at me, kyle." isaac suggested and kyle turned his head towards the brunet. "think of it this way. she might have fell out of the seat before the plane crash and, hopefully, someone found her unconscious body and helped her."

the thought of zoe being taken care of during her most vulnerable moment shot his heart. first day of being a husband to her and he had already failed her.

"kyle. breathe in slowly - yes that's it. and then push it all out." kyle did as what he was told a couple of times and soon his breathing pattern returned to normal.

"i have to find her."

"i'm sure you will, buddy. but for now, i'm sure she would want you to rest so when you guys finally get reunited you would be able to lift her and twirl her around."

kyle put the image in his head and smiled. he thanked isaac for comforting him and fell asleep on his makeshift bed on the floor.

|||

the door clanked open and there was a lot of scuffling.

two cells were opened so that means they will be having two new "inmate" neighbors.

"lunch will be in an hour." the guard said before he left.

isaac looked at kyle and nodded, as if there was a connection between them that he understood what kyle meant.

"so. hi." kyle started, scrambling his mind with thoughts. "i'm kyle. what are your names?" nothing. he motioned for isaac to try it.

"and my name's isaac." someone from the cell next to isaac produced an almost snort sound.

"we're not here to make friends."

the atmosphere became thick again.

everyone was quiet, except for the occational whispers of the new inmates when they probably think isaac and kyle were sleeping.

"our plan needs a distraction and if we both want to get out of this place we need another person to do that." the girl said loudly, as if she's purposedly trying to bait isaac and kyle.

"shut up, chloe. we don't need anyone. we can do it ourselves."

|||

when they were released from the cell, isaac and kyle discovered that the new inmates were twins. a boy and a girl.

the girl, named chloe, has some short and curly blonde locks. her eyes beamed with dark green under her artistically shaped eyebrow.

her twin, who's name they don't know, has brown hair and blue eyes. he always seem pissed about life, but occasionally his eyes would soften when he tells a joke that would make his sister laugh.

"did you hear what they said back in the cell?" kyle whispered as isaac and him settled on a table farthest away from everybody else, watching the boy interacting to the girl... decently.

"they're planning on escaping."

isaac shoved a fork of broccoli in his mouth and merely nodded at kyle. he chewed it fast before replying.

"i mean, we could help them, but they have to take us with them."

the concentration on kyle's face increased as he tried to figure out a way to convince the twins.

|||

a few days of hinting about wanting to help, but still isaac and kyle got nothing from the twins. during lunches in the common room, the twins would steer out of their way and sit with a raven haired girl with a cut scar on her bottom lip. she seems new, but she's not located in the same section as isaac, kyle, and the twins.

"c'mon. i have great acting skills, you know." kyle offered, but the boy snorted.

"not a chance." he said. "besides, we found a diversion anyway."

"who? the girl with the creepy gray bulging eyes?" isaac sarcastically asked and the girl chuckled.

"her name's jane."

"funny how we've known her name before yours."

"why does it matter?" the boy scoffed. "me and chloe over here would be out of this place anyway."

"so we could, i don't know, brag about the oh-so-smart twins. you know, if you manage to escape, you would be the first one's to do so."

"ok. so this is his tactic?" kyle thought to himself, shaking his head.

"well, my name's james. be sure to remember that."

|||

A/N: well, since i miscounted the days here's another post lol :)

12/20/2015

- lani