24 - Number One

Magsimula sa umpisa

Jeron didn't mean what he said. As a matter of fact, he found Mr. Eric Asuncion to be a good man.

"That's blackmail!", Matthew exclaimed.

"I didn't start this game. You did. Kaya I'm giving you the opportunity to end it. And I suggest you end it well. Talk to your prof first thing tomorrow and we won't have any problem."

Jeron was about to go out the door when he heard the other guy's voice.

"Why are you doing this?", Matthew whispered.

"Because I can't stand the sight of her crying...
Her pain has become my pain. And I'll do whatever I can, just to see her happy.", Jeron replied firmly.

"I'm expecting some change tomorrow. Malay natin, I just might change my mind about inviting you to our wedding.", pahabol niya bago umalis.

*****

MIKA

Today is the third and last day of enrollment.

Ano kayang nangyari kina Jeron kagabi?

Chineck ko yung phone ko pero ni ha ni ho, wala naman akong natanggap.

Ngayon na rin ba ang araw na mawawalan ako ng scholarship officially?

HUHUHUHUHUHUHU

I got up from my bed to prepare myself for the day.

May scholarship man o wala, mag-eenroll pa rin naman ako.

Just when I was frying bacon for breakfast, nag-ring yung phone ko.

Incoming call... Tori...

"Hello?", I answered.

"Bruha kang babae kaaa!!! DL 1!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU, FRIENDDD!!! WAG MO KONG KAKALIMUTAN AH!", sunud-sunod niyang sigaw.

I couldn't absorb the news just yet.

Hindi ako makapagsalita.

Kanina pinoproblema ko kung may scholarship ako, tapos ngayon malalaman kong rank 1 ako sa Dean's list?

"HUY TE! ANO NA! BUHAY KA PA BA DYAN?", Tori brought my attention back.

I turned the stove off and held my chest to catch my breath.