"What's this?" Naruto asked and Daisuke rolled his eyes.

"It's a kitten, DUH!"

Naruto frowned, feeling stupid as he tried to hid his embarrassment.

"I know it's a kitten!!! What I wanna know is why do you have a kitten in your jacket???" Naruto asked back and Daisuke hugged the feline through his jacket as he looked at his father.

"Papa, can we keep it?" the boy asked hopefully.

"Wait you haven't answer my question!" Naruto fumed and Daisuke sighed.

"It was raining and the kitten was finding a shelter so I pitied it and hid it in my jacket!" Daisuke snapped before looking at this father again.

"Papa, please?"

Sasuke sighed, placing his son down and shook his head.

"You know what your mama says, no animals at home! If I let you keep the kitten then Sarada will surely demand why she wasn't allowed to keep a rabbit when she asked back then!" Sasuke answered as Daisuke frowned and looked away.

"Hmph! I don't care how Sarada feels about it!! I want to keep this cat!" Daisuke huffed and Naruto scratched his head.

"I thought you said it's a kitten?" he asked and Daisuke stomped on one of his feet.

"Ow! What was that for?" Naruto yelled as he hobbled around in pain.

"Stop asking me silly questions Hokage sama!" Daisuke replied and hugged the kitten as he took a step back.

"Daisuke come on. You've always been getting your way. Just this time round, no okay?" Sasuke said gently and Daisuke gritted his teeth.

"I've always behaved myself! I never ask you to favour me over Sarada and look where that has brought me?!? My own sister hates me!" Daisuke yelled out and Sasuke bit his lips...

"Daisuke, Sarada already told me that she's sorry. She wants you to come back home."

"No! I don't believe you! You're just saying that to make me feel better!"

"Daisuke! I've enough of this! We are going back home now! This is not about keeping the cat! This is about you always getting your way and when the time comes for you to hear "no", you can't accept it!" Sasuke bellowed at his son and Daisuke trembled with fear, the kitten hiding back inside his jacket and peeping out with only the eyes to be seen...

"Sasuke, calm down. You're gonna scare him away..." Naruto whispered as Sasuke took a deep breath.

"Daisuke..." Sasuke held out his hand and Daisuke's eyes watered as he unzipped the kitten and put it down.

"Sorry..." little Daisuke cried as tears dropped on the kitten.

"Don't worry Daisuke. Maybe it has its parents worried sick somewhere out there. If you take it home, how are the parents gonna find it..." Naruto coaxed the boy and he wiped his tears with his arm as Sasuke carried Daisuke.

The kitten sat where Daisuke placed it, tilting its head and giving the young Uchiha a curious look, wondering why it was left there...

*~*

1 WEEK LATER

"Daisuke! I got a letter from your principal Kakashi!" Sakura gushed as she greeted her children at the door, Sasuke right behind them as he was the one who picked them up from school.

"Well what did it say?" Sarada asked and Sakura's eyes brightened as she looked at all of them.

"Daisuke is going to be in the same classes as Sarada! Apparently principal Kakashi said you did outstanding for that impromptu performance of yours when you saved Sarada!" she announced happily and even Sarada clasped her hands together.

"Did you hear that Daisuke? You get to be in the same classes as me!" she exclaimed excitedly but Daisuke just buried his hands in his pocket.

"Hn..." Daisuke said as he went upstairs without saying anything more...

"Daisuke!" Sakura called out as she tried to follow him but Sasuke held back her arm and shook his head.

"Let him be." he said but Sakura frowned.

"Sarada is being nice to him! And this is good news!" the pink haired woman argued but Sasuke shook his head again.

"He's been like this since papa found him back in the forest. What happened back there papa?" Sarada spoke up and Sasuke sighed.

"I'll talk to him..." he said as he made his way to his son's bedroom...

(Ochihabune ends)