Chapter four: Falling in Love with Dirk Strider

~Jake's POV~
Spaghetti in my mouth and all of a sudden, I kissed him. I kissed Dirk. Wowza. He kept his lips on mine and I kept mine on his. I was in love. I could feel his gentle, freckled face against mine and I wanted to stay there forever. He. Was. A. Bloody. Good. Kisser. Cheese and freaking crackers, I could on for eternity talking about the kiss. And then, we pulled away. I stared at him, trying to see his eyes through his shades. I couldn't. But I knew he was looking at me. The chap was as cute as a button when he blushed.
"Woah," was all he said. I smiled and he had a goofy little smirk on his face. I could feel the stares of people around us.

The bell rang. I had a math class with Janey and that seemed to drag on forever! I just wanted to see Dirk. Finally, the lunch bell rang and I ran to see him. But I was tripped by some jocks and fell over. My glasses fell off and I my hands were stinging. Holy cow did it hurt.
"Gay,"   "F*ggot,"
Those are the only ones I heard. Until I saw Dirk. He had overheard what happened and punched one of them in the stomach. The jock groaned in pain. The others left in fear. Dirk extended his arm to help me up, I took it and then dusted myself off.
"Thanks, chap."
"What the heck happened?!"
" I got tripped by those hasty jocks. But I'm alright now."
He growled, "I hate them."
"They are nasty fellows." I replied. And that's when Jane came.
"Holy crap you guys, what happened?!"
We told her everything...except the kiss.
"Wow you guys, what in the world." Of course while we talked about this, we walked to this peculiar new place called a cafeteria. Apparently, it's where you get in line and get strange food from some workers at the school. And then, the whole school sits together in different groups at tables. Janey called them 'cliques.'
We got some food and to my surprise, it looked like crap. I don't even know what to call it.
"Why the heck would someone want to bully you Jake? And call you all those names?"
Dirk answered for me, "it was probably because we sat together in home Ed."
"Ugh" she responded. That is when a blonde, short haired girl sat next to Jane.
"Hellllloooooooo~"
"Hey Roxy." Jane and Dirk answered her in unison. She looked at me like I was an alien.
"Who's the cutie?" She pointed her finger straight at me.
Jane replied. "That's my cousin, Jake. He just moved here from England."
"WOWWY! Thats sUUUper far away!" She exclaimed in a high pitched voice.
"Yup!" I gleamed. Although I was smiling, all I really wanted to do was go home and sleep. It's already been a long day. The bells rang and we all went to our individual classes. Why was the bloody time passing so slowly? Was it because I wanted to see Dirk..? I tried to shrug it off but just couldn't. I loved him. I have just met him, but I trust my heart.

_GG_ here! You liking the new chapter? Suggestions for the fanfic are greatly encouraged and appreciated as well as tips and constructive criticism. Love you all!
-_GG_