Chapter twenty-two: phone call

~Jake's POV~
Janey came back the next morning. We welcomed her.
Eventually she told us that there was no actual incident and that Roxy had tricked her into going on a "two day long girl's trip"
"So, how did you boys hold up?" She asks.
In unison, Dirk and I answer. "Good."
She smiles at us and looks at her watch.
"Hey, guys, it's like 11, I'd think that Dirk's brother is probably worried about him." Janey tells us.
I nod.
"Dirk, do you want me to give you a drive home?"
"Sure, why not."
We get in my truck and I start driving to his apartment. We get to this stop and I park the car.
"I love you, strider."
"I love you too, English."
He kisses me and gets out of the car. A few minutes after he goes in, I drive back home.

--time skip--

I'm in bed, sleeping when I'm awoken by a phone call.
It's 2 AM and I check who could be calling at this hour.
Dirk?
I answer the phone and the man who is speaking is not Dirk. It's his brother.
He sounds panicked. "Dirk is in the hospital due to heavy blood loss and a suicide attempt." His voice is trembling. I'm scared.
"I---I'll be there as soon as I can."
I'm stuttered. Then I get out of bed, get dressed, and go straight to the car. While I'm in the car, I call Janey and tell her where I'm going.

I'm worried about my boyfriend and I'm scared to loose him.

Heyyyy! Sorry for the short chapter once again!
Thanks for reading this!
And if you like steampunk, adventure, romance stories, check out 'Rusting Heart'
It's a book written by me and Yukine_Catomhive (I must mention that the book is still in its early stages)
It'd be awesome if you guys could check it out.
Thanks!
-_GG_<3