Chapter five: Dirk's Question

~Jake's POV~
THE BELL FINALLY RANG! Wowza, I'd never realized how long six hours could drag on. I wasn't used to school because
1) I've been homeschooled on an island for most of my life
And
2) I haven't been to school since last June. It was early November now.

Yesterday Janey reminded me that she had some grocery shopping to tend to. So I guess I'm walking home(?) by my lonesome. Or at least I thought so until a blonde hottie, Dirk, pinned me against the outside school walls.
With a straight face and his eyes covered with anime shades, he said, "come with me." I nodded. As soon as we had gotten away from the school, walking in silence on the empty sidewalk, he spoke once again.
"In Home Ed.... Did that kiss mean anything...?"
I blushed heavily. "I know we just met, but it meant that I love you, chap." I notice his cheeks are pink.
"I feel the same way." He blurts out.
"Really?"
"Really. Now, I have a serious question."
"shoot"
"Will you be my boyfriend?"
I nodded and smiled, "yes."
He took my hand and we continued to walk. I wasn't sure if our destination, but I did know that he didn't care. And neither did I.

_GG_ here! <3
Sorry for the short chapter.
--------------------
I was thinking, and since this is my very first fanfiction/book, I would like some advice on making the characters act more like the real them. (Confusing, sorry)
Please give tips! Thanks you, I love you all, and thanks for reading. More to come!
-_GG_