Ch. 23: Have Faith In Me

Start from the beginning

'That would... Not end well, considering my current condition,' I panted, trying not to concentrate on the pain wracking my body. 'How... Far away are they?'

'Literally less than a hundred meters,' Was the response. 'And you're right near the tower. Activate Yasei. You can make it.'

I smirked, and painfully activated Yasei. After a few agonizing moments of twisting, the pain blessedly faded away, and I could move once again. I struggled to my feet, feeling something in my back restricting my movement.

'Fen, why can't my back move well?' I asked curiously. The pain was gone, but it seemed my body wasn't healed.

'I took your pain away,' the wolf replied. 'But the physical effects are still there. Because that one plate is cracked, you can't move as well. There's just no pain. Same for your lungs, actually. You may encounter some breathing problems in the very near future.'

'Huh...' I frowned. That was not good, but it's better than nothing. Hopefully I can get some medical attention in the tower before I cause some permanent damage to my body.

I hobbled out of the hole in which I'd been resting, briefly sniffing the air to see where my team was. They were a bit to the right of me, and with someone. It was that guy who'd had cards of everyone. I never got his name, but he smelled weird.

I began to limp in their direction, walking crookedly because of my back. My breath came in pants as I found it hard to bring air into my lungs, but there was no pain. Just a sense that I was about to suffocate.

"We need to head for the tower now," Card-guy said, turning to face the large building looming over the forest.

"We can't," Sasuke grunted in annoyance. "We only have one scroll."

Card guy frowned. "I... Can't help you anymore. My team is waiting for me at the tower, and I won't disqualify them to help you. I'm sorry."

Sakura and Naruto started protesting, thanking this guy, who was apparently named Kabuto, for all his help. Sasuke only grunted again, scanning the surrounding forest for anything dangerous or helpful.

I chuckled aloud, drawing all their attention to me. "Wow, you guys look worse than I probably do," I said, limping out of the trees.

My team's eyes widened at my state. I was covered in dried blood, various cuts and bruises, my clothes were torn, I was walking crookedly, my breath was coming in pants, and Yasei was activated. I probably scared the crap out of them.

"Kiyomi/Kiya-chan!" Naruto and Sakura exclaimed at the same time. They ran towards me, but were stopped by Sasuke stretching an arm out.

"Wait," the Uchiha grunted, looking suspiciously at me. "Prove that you're Kiyomi," he ordered. Naruto looked like he was about to protest, but Sakura nodded in agreement.

I leaned up against a nearby tree. "Guess you still think I'm suspicious, huh, Uchiha?" I said calmly. "Well, here. Fenrir, Bren, Salila, Seaiga, and Ahio. Anyone else know those names?"

Sasuke nodded, relaxing his stance. "Guess not," he admitted. "But... What happened to you?"

Wow, I might almost believe that Uchiha cares if this continues. Or he just feels guilty for giving me the idea to go alone. "A fight," I replied, glancing sideways at Kabuto. "And that's all I'm telling you with him here."

"Did you get the scroll?" Ah, there's the important question.

I shook my head. "I did not. But-" I raised a hand, cutting off Naruto's protests. "I do have a scroll. The one we need, if you guys didn't manage to lose the original."