Ch. 21: Start The Shooting

~Hey boys, look where we are, this town ain't big enough for the both of us, so get ready to run~

Kiyomi's POV

Well, the first test had officially begun. All us Genin walked up to Ibiki, where we received our seats. Once I'd gotten mine, I saw that I was seated right near the back, and on the edge of the row. Next to me sat down one of the so-called Sand Siblings, the oldest. The black-haired boy named Kaizen.

I nodded once as he seated himself beside me, and he returned the gesture before focusing back up front. When he wasn't looking, I studied the teenager.

From our first meeting, I could assume that Kaizen cared deeply about his siblings, even Gaara. And the red-head seemed to have a slight fondness for his elder brother that he didn't for his other siblings. Proven when Gaara called Kaizen "Nii-san", and Kankuro just his name. So he doesn't consider two of his siblings his actual siblings...

'Stop worrying about tanuki boy, and worry more about passing this test,' Fenrir growled. 'Scar-head just finished explaining the rules, and said that you can start now.'

'I know,' I replied, a little smug. 'I actually managed to hear some of that!'

'That's a first...'

'Shut up.'

'So what are the rules?' Fenrir asked me. He didn't think I'd heard them! Wow, such faith...

'Each question on the test is one point, and we lose a point for every one we get wrong,' I started, thinking back to the snippets I'd heard when I was thinking. 'It's... A team test, and we can only cheat five times before we're disqualified.'

'You actually were paying attention...' Fenrir said, seeming to be in awe. 'I'm impressed! Good job, Kiya!'

'Yeah, yeah,' I groaned, rolling my eyes. 'So. How should I cheat?'

'You haven't even looked at the test yet.' I couldn't see the wolf, but I kinda guessed he was sweat-dropping.

I shrugged. 'I don't want to do the thinking. It's too much work, and I don't like work.' Then I snuck a quick glance over at Kaizen, seeing that he was glancing at his arm, then scribbling on his page. 'Think I could copy from him?'

'Do as you will. Just remember to put the hood of your jacket up if you're gonna use Yasei.'

'Of course.'

Like always, I concentrated on combining Fenrir's and my own chakra, and could feel the sensation of it, which I was slowly becoming more and more used to. I could feel the wolf ears appearing on my head, and I quickly flipped the tan hood of my jacket up so it covered them. My tail also appeared, which made me realize I was sitting on it, so I readjusted my position quickly.

With my newly-enhanced senses, I could hear the scratching of pencils, see the briefest flashes of light coming from the ceiling (though I have no idea why), and smell the perspiration of nervous Genin.

Once again, I snuck a look at Kaizen's paper, and my new eyes could see the writing, no matter how he tried to hide it. Grinning, I started to copy down what I remembered, pausing briefly a few times to make it look like I was thinking. I also alternated between looking at Kaizen's paper, and that of the boy sitting across the aisle, who also seemed to know what he was doing.

It took me maybe ten or fifteen minutes, but I was finally done. I deactivated Yasei, flipped my hood back, and started to relax.

Kaizen's POV