Part 13

Ayato gently tossed one of his sweatshirts to Anri, knowing it was pointless to try to get her to wear anything else. "Go take a shower for as long as you need. I'll get ahold of something to eat."

She nodded and locked herself inside of the bathroom. She definitely took a long time in the shower trying more so to wash off the terrors of what had happened and the thoughts that Hideo filled her head with than her body.

When she finished, she was too lazy and exhausted to make an effort to dry her hair, earning a scowl from the still-bloodied Ayato. "You need to try to take care of yourself." He ordered.

She fell onto the bed tiredly. "I'm too tired to do anything."

"I'm not going to take care of you like a baby."

"I don't have an appetite and I don't feel like drying my hair."

"I know, but you'll feel better after you eat." He brought the piece of flesh he had retrieved to her on a piece of packaging paper and sat across from her. "I'm going to sit here and stare at you until you eat."

She sighed with frustration and sat upright, taking the meat from his hands and eating it slowly with a scowl.

"You're too stubborn for your own good."

"Says mister egoist." She scoffed.

"Why are you so mad?"

"I'm tired and physically and emotionally abused, not mad." She commented with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

He groaned. "Why are you acting like this now? You were so sweet and grateful just an hour ago."

"Do you want me to kiss you again?"

"That's not what I meant." He pouted. "What did that guy say or do to you?"

"I told you that whatever I said or did was because he forced me..." She trailed, not wanting to bring it up.

"Yeah, I know. I'm asking about him, not you."

"It's not important. He was just delusional."

"Anri, please trust me." He pleaded.

She sighed and looked down, finishing the last bit of meat and crumpling the paper. "He knows who killed my parents."

"Both your parents are dead?" Ayato seemed surprised, learning something about her and her past that he didn't know.

She nodded. "I always thought that it was Ghoul Investigators, but he said that it was his father."

"What else did he tell you?"

"He said that his father 'wanted' my mom, and started saying things that made it seem like my mother was the one at fault. And because she would leave me and my father, he killed both my parents and left me alive for his son, who was the one who attacked me." She explained.

"So that's the story? What about 'the Spades' thing?"

"I assume that it was a similar story for my mother. His father must have wanted my mother to join the Spades, which probably started with him. When she refused, he went insane."

"Is that what was happening when I was showed up?"

"I guess." She smiled sadly, but was truly grateful that he came when he did. "Had you not saved me, he would've surely raped me..."

"There's no way I would ever allow something like that to happen."

"But it almost did happe-"