Chapter 16

-Patrick-

The panting and sudden pushing that broke my grasp around Pete woke me up.

"Are you okay?" I asked, rubbing small circles into his back.

"Yeah. Just a bad dream." He said as his breathing evened out.

"What do you dream about?" I asked. He turned away from me.

"Of death."

"Of Ashley?"

"Yeah. And Bronx." He said looking out the window.

"Do you want to tell me about it?"

"I don't know."

"It might help to get it out there." I told him, putting my arms around his stomach from behind him.

"Yeah.. Okay.. " he turned towards me. "It's always the same, but it's always different. It always starts with Bronx and I... We are always trying to get somewhere some how to meet Ashley. When we get there, I always see her dead, just like I did when I found her. I turn around to look at Bronx to shield him from it, to protect him, but he's never there. Sometimes I see him in the distance and he runs away so I chase him and never catch him. Sometimes I find him dead so I have a panic attack. Then I... I wake up." He said.

I pulled him into a hug not knowing what to do, because hugs cure all right? His head rest on my shoulder as I rubbed more circles into his back with my thumb.

"Do you still love her?" I asked out of nowhere once he seemed more calm.

"I do." He said. I already knew the answer to that though. He will always love her, and I'm okay with that.

"Have you let go of her?" That's the real question. "Have you let go of her so you can love me?"

"Yes." He looked up at me. "You and Bronx are my world."  He kissed me. "All I have left." He kissed me again. 

Him letting go of her enough to love me is all I can ask for. She was his first real love that I know of, the mother of his child, and his wife. He will always love her and I'm okay with that. As long as there is enough room for him to love me too.

"Pete..."

"Yeah?"

"I love you." I said it. Why is my heart racing? Why do I feel like I'm going to die. Why do I feel like he's judging me and he's not going to say it back. The silence was deafening.

"I love you too, Patrick." He smiled.

"Oh thank God. I was so worried was moving too fast for you, or that you wouldn't feel the same way yet. Or that i just flat out fucked up. I'm so ha-" I was interrupted by a kiss and the force of him forced me to lay down on the bed with Pete on top of me, straddling my waist. 

"You don't have to worry about a thing." He said before kissing me again. As the kisses rolled on, they got sloppier and sloppier. Pete started grinding his ass against me and a small moan escaped my lips. His hands traveled my body and slip under my shirt. He was cold against my skin, and a shiver was sent down my spine, drawing me closer to him. I put my hands on his sides and let them slide to his crotch and palmed him, getting his to let out several gasp. I guess its been a while for the both of us. 

Right as my other hand reached the buttons of his jeans he pulled away.

"You're going to hate me... But I don't think i want this just yet." He said. I let out an internal scream throughout my body.

"It's okay  I understand. Take your time babe." I smiled. What a fucking ass. Holing back and bitching out at the last minute. Agh!!!

"Thanks, Patrick..." He said as he fell onto the bed next to me and laid his head on my chest.

"You're welcome, babe." I wrapped my arms around him and we laid in bed. I listened to him breathe as he fell asleep as I watched the burning embers of the fire that was started long ago. 

I woke up in the morning alone, with no Pete next to me, and no fire. Therefore, no warmth. I lazily got out of bed and walked into the main room of the hotel suite and saw Pete and Bronx sitting at the dining table. Pete was looking at the window as Bronx was eating. 

"Morning, babe. Have some breakfast. I know this is your favorite fruit so I wanted you to have the last one." He said as he opened a can of peaches for me. I really do love peaches.

"Thanks, Pete!" I said as i grabbed the can from him and a plastic spoon from the bag that Pete brought in.

"Patrick... I have some bad news." He whispered in my ear as he sat next to me.

"What is it?" 

"We are kinda out of food.... And I don't know if we will find anymore."

Great. Out of food, and out of gas.

------------------------------------

I want to apologize for this story. If you like it, thank you, I'm glad you do, but I really don't anymore. I kinda gave up on it half way through. The next chapter will be the end of this story, but I've already began working on a new fic that I'm much more satisfied with than this one. I'm sorry. I've tried my best with this story.
-Matthew