Chapter 14

-Patrick-

Here goes nothing? What the fu-

Before I could finish that thought, Pete began climbing over to my seat and sat in my lap. We could barley fit into the space together. Good thing we are both pretty small guys I guess. He looked at me, and I looked at him. I noticed his eyes were brown, but I never noticed that they are the color of honey. The beam of the flash light that now sat in the passengers seat was faced towards the door, and was the only light in the car. The dim light only made Pete more perfect. We looked at each other for a few more seconds and I noticed him let out a long, warm breath that hit my face, and I reveled in the warmth of him.

Then before I know it, his lips meet mine, and for the first time in years, I feel warm. The fire of the kiss spread through my body, from my head to my feet. It was a simple kiss. Not wet or sloppy or lustful. Just a simple, perfect kiss. He pulled away, not really knowing how to expect me to react. I could see the fear in his eyes. Instead of giving him a vocal answer, I pulled him by the shirt back down to my level and kissed him. His lips moved with mine as my first kiss became two. Then two into three. And three into four. And four into many more. Petes pressed his body against mine, fanning the fire in my chest and making it burn hotter and brighter. My hands traveled up his sides to his neck, down his back, and down to his ass and I squeezed a little. I really couldn't help myself. He bit my lip and let out a small groan in response. I smiled into the kiss and let my thumbs slip under his pants line, and my hands moved around his waist until they may in the middle and the button and zipper. I started pushing myself against him, feeling the friction in our jeans. I started to undo his pants.

"Patrick." He said as he pulled away.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"None of that right now." He said as he fell into my shoulder, ending the sentence with a whisper in my earl

"But you like it." I teased.

"How do you know?" He asked into my ear.

"It's just a feeling I have pressing into my thigh." I laughed as I put my arms around him.

"Yeah. I have that same feeling pressing to my thigh too. But not now."

"Okay. Fair enough." I said softly into his ear.

"Good." He said as he sat up. "As much as I love the physical contact, and how warm you are, I'm gonna go back in my seat so I can law down a little more comfortably." He said before he did so. The place where his body once was feels cold and empty now.

"Pete?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Go for it?"

"How did she die? And what was she like?" I asked gently.

"She was... Wonderful. She knew me better than anyone else and always knew what to say to make me feel better. She was beautiful, smart, and always understood how I felt without really asking... She was there for everyone and was such a great mom to Bronx. She played with him all the time, suffered through his cartoons, and always made sure he was clean and fed every night." He said.

"And her death?" I gently.

"Hunger. It was a slow death. So slow neither of us noticed it until it was too late. I always left preparing dinner to her because I always went out to go find it. Little did I know she would give most of her food to Bronx and I so we could stay strong. She ate a little every few days, but in the end, it wasn't enough to keep her going. I told Bronx she died so we could live."

I saw him wipe a tear off his face.

"Oh. I'm sorry for asking." I apologized.

"No. It's okay. I kind of needed to talk about it. At this point, what hurts the most is that Bronx will grow up with out his mother." He said.

"Well he's lucky to have a father as great as you." I told him as I grabbed his hand.

"Thanks. I'm lucky to have you." Pete said, making me feel warm again.

"Oh stop it." I teased.

"Okay." He said sounding serious.

"I didn't mean stop all the way. Anywhore. Goodnight, Pete." I said before leaning up over the center console to Pete and kissed him.

"Goodnight, 'Trick."

"Hold on. The fuck is a 'Trick?" I asked defensively.

"You're a 'Trick." He giggled.

"Fine..." I said before I rolled over and let sleep take over.