She felt her palms were getting sweaty. "A-almost," she replied. Damn. Must she be stuttering at a time like this? "Just a few more people then I'll be done."

Sasuke took a swift glance to her partner and shifted his gaze back to her. "I'm sure your partner can handle it alone," he said. "Care to have lunch with me?"

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Yawning, Nara Shikamaru covered his mouth with the back of his right hand. Yes, his mother taught him manners and if he didn't live up to those, his mother definitely would know. That woman had eyes and ears everywhere!

He slouched on the stool, his fist supporting his cheek as he tuned out to whatever Ino was gossiping about. On lazy days like this, he would have lay on the green grass and stared at the clouds – or maybe nap. Kami, he deserves a nap after a long and tiring day like this. He nodded enthusiastically every now and then whenever Ino turned to look at him and Chouji.

"Stop being idiotic, Forehead," he heard Ino snapped. "You must have caught some of Naruto's stupidity."

Naruto exclaimed a 'Hey!' and Sakura gripped her chopsticks a little too tightly. "Ino-pig I swear," she said, "I saw them! Naruto did too!"

What were they talking about? "Sakura, honey, they never spoke to each other before! I don't even think she did acknowledge him – and vice versa – because she was hung up on this idiot right here," the Yamanaka stated, gesturing to the blond sitting next to Sakura.

"Hey, hey," Naruto chirped in. "None of that." He turned to Sakura. "Didn't you say she like someone else? It could be Sasuke, you know."

"As if Hinata," Kiba pointed towards Hinata, who was busy talking with Neji, "would like a stone cold bastard like him! It's impossible; it's like asking Naruto to stop eating ramen."

The blond flared. "Don't bring up my love for ramen. Not even Kami could separate us!"

"Actually He can," Ino scoffed while Naruto looked at her in horror. "I heard there won't be any ramen supply for quite sometime."

Naruto slammed his hand on the table and demanded Ino to stop lying. Well, they did continue bickering with Sakura in the middle. Shikamaru notice that Sakura's patience was growing thin when he decided to break their bickering. "Sasuke and Hinata, huh?" he drawled, pushing away the broccoli using his chopsticks. It was their previous topic anyway and its the best topic he could think of before Sakura actually murder someone. "It's none of my business but dealing with Neji alone just proves how troublesome it will be."

Just as those words escaped his lips, Team Gai walked over to them and sat with their lunch. The lazy nin sweatdrop when Neji sat across him. He must have heard him. He was pretty sure Neji did. None of the Rookie Nine spoke a word about their previous topic fearing Neji might use his Hakke Rokujūyon Shō. In fact, Shikamaru had only seen Neji using it quite a few times and decided that he wouldn't want to anger a Hyuuga – ever.

Everyone knows that the Hyuuga's Gentle Fist was not as gentle as its name.

Shikamaru tuned out as they had started a different topic and ate quietly, pretending to listen to their conversation. He looked up from his bento when he had noticed that the whole cafeteria had gone quiet. Curiously, he turned around and he realised why they were stupefied. He watched, amused as the dark haired pair was immersed in a quiet conversation. Sasuke glanced over his shoulder slightly with a smirk playing on his lips.

Shakamaru almost laughed at his bold move. The Uchiha was taunting Neji. He wondered if Sasuke felt the murderous aura coming from Neji when the pair exited the room because even Shikamaru could feel it!

"You know what they say, opposites attracts!" was the said idiotic blond's sudden outburst, earning a glare from Neji and Sakura face palmed.

He never learns.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

(1) No, I won't pair Kakashi with anyone - not even Tenten because as he said she's just a sister figure

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Next time on Never Alone, Ever Again

"I want Uchiha Sasuke to be eliminated on sight, discreetly if possible."

"I know it's better if I don't know but how did Ita – he died?"

"Sasuke? Did you regret meeting me?"

"I can't tell you the whole truth. Even if I did try, I can't."

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Author's End Notes: Oh no! Who wants Sasuke died? Btw the next chapter is the Five Kage Summit Arc. I'm only following some of the plot since Sasuke is in Konoha and bla bla bla. I told ya from the beginning that I would take this story to a whole new level.