Chapter Five

Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah I know I don't own Naruto. I get it, hun. But it doesn't mean I should stop shipping SasuHina :p

Author's Notes: Aye... I almost forgot to update this story. Eh btw idk when I can update the next chap. Enjoy this chapter. It's a bit angst tbh.

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Chapter Five

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

It turns out he had met Sai before. He was the one whom tried to kill him once. In the end, it turns out he was helping Naruto and Sakura bringing him back to Konohagakure because he didn't want to sever the bonds.

Sasuke felt as if he was staring at a mirror. The only difference between him and his doppelganger is the hairstyle, their expressions - but most of the time it's similar - and the clothes.

"Nice to meet you, Emo," his doppelganger said, with that stupid fake smile on his face.

His eyebrow twitched slightly in annoyance at his new nickname. Naruto didn't even bother to even hide his boisterous laughter, while Kakashi and Sakura did a good job in hiding it.

He moved his hand to the hilt of his katana that was placed on his hip. His fingers aching to remove the stupid smile of his face. A slow and painful death would be fitting. But then again that would risk his precious eyes when it reaches Tsunade's ears.

"Kakashi-san," a familiar voice greeted which made Sasuke's body froze.

The silver haired jounin turned to greet the newcomers, smiling under his mask. "Hana-san," he replied. "You're the substitute sensei, I take it."

True to his words, Team Eight appeared behind her. Kiba suppressing a yawn, Shino looking impassive as ever and Hinata was avoiding Sasuke's gaze - this caused Sasuke to frown.

"Hai," Hana said, flashing a friendly smile and moved closer towards Team Seven with the Haimaru Brothers close to her heels. "Though I'm a bit surprise to see you here early."

"I'm hurt, Hana-san, You didn't give me enough credit," Kakashi responded, pulling out nine earpieces. "Since Yamato isn't here to even things out, we're breaking into groups of two and there will be only one group with three members." He distributes the earpiece to them. "We'll be in touch through this. If anything goes wrong, contact anyone of us."

"And no changing partners," he added quickly.

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Being alone with Sasuke was not as bad as she thought it would be. She almost had a heart attack when Kakashi-sensei assigned her to partner up with Sasuke. Yes, it's true that they used to be friends but that doesn't change the fact that Hinata was still mad at him. He ignored her! How can she not be mad? He acts as if she didn't exist until the night he left the village. He said that she was someone important to him.

If she really is that important, then why did he distant himself with her.

Hinata stifled a yawn and glanced at Sasuke, who was sharpening his katana on top of the Konoha gate. She noticed that his hair was getting longer. The Uchiha emblem on his high-collared shirt reminded her of how lively the Uchiha Compound was compared to the quiet Hyuuga Compound.

Despite being a Hyuuga, some of the Uchihas were friendly to her - each time she visited Sasuke. Once when she was a little girl, she had wished to be born as Uchiha. But that would mean abandoning her little sister, Hanabi.