Chapter Ten

Disclaimer: I own a few Naruto posters (still trying to find Akatsuki and SasuHina posters though) and I still don't own Naruto

Author's Notes: Sasuke and Hinata's relationship will be different from now on. And one serious question: should I kill of Neji like in canon? Wait I think I should - or maybe not? I'm surprise I can actually write 2k+ for a chapter. It's quite an achievement for me.

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Chapter Ten

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Hyuuga Hinata would have expected Sasuke to ignore her - or to put it bluntly, acted as if she didn't exist. But she would have understood if he avoided her. Half of the Hyuuga Compound was left in rubbles, unlike the Uchiha Compound. From what she had heard, it was nearly wiped out.

Hinata pulled her hair up in a high ponytail as she walked towards the Hyuuga gate. It was the day where the villagers would restore Konoha to its former glory. She had donned her usual attire but she left her forehead protector behind. She stood outside the compound and inhaled the morning air, looking up at the clear blue sky. Somehow, she had a feeling that her day would be pleasant.

"Beautiful day isn't it?"

"Hai," she responded with a bright smile. "Despite Konoha is now -." She broke off and froze. She turned her head slowly, fearing for the worse, her eyes wide as saucers. Her cheeks burned as she spotted Sasuke leaning against the fence with a smirk attached to his face.

"S-Sasuke-kun." He grimaced and shot her a glare.

"I told you not to call me that," he reminded her, pushing himself from the fence and walked towards her. His right hand resting on his katana - as if he was expecting an attack - and extend his left hand. "Shall we?"

Hinata nodded timidly and they begin walking to the Hokage Tower where they will be assigned to chores. "I thought you would be avoiding me after what happened yesterday," she confessed, breaking the silence.

They knew what she was talking about.

"I figured I should make thing right." He racked a hand through his ebony tresses. "There's no point in hiding anymore. You know how I feel about you," the Uchiha stated. After a thought he added, "Or do you want me to remind you?"

To his amusement, Hinata blush to a darker shade of red and fell into a mess. "D-demo, I-I-I," she stuttered, and then realised that Sasuke was biting back a laugher. Her face twisted in embarrassment and anger. "You're laughing at me aren't you? You're mean, Sasuke."

The Uchiha chuckled. "Gomen."

Hinata crossed her arms and huffed. "I forgot how much you love to tease me."

"Things aren't the same anymore, Hinata," he said, growing serious. Her steps halted which caused Sasuke to stop. Her head was bowed down, staring at her feet as she was lost in thought. Hinata may have more confidence in the past but she still has insecurities.

"Ano... Sasuke. Why did you ignore me when we were genin?" the Hyuuga asked in a small voice as if she was afraid.

The Uchiha approached her and lift her chin with his thumb and forefinger to meet his eyes. Her lilac eyes met his dark eyes. He looked tired and battered - his guard was down. His eyes spoke in volumes. "The day my family was murdered, Itachi had me under a genjutsu - Tsukiyomi. He tortured me with visions of him killing my parents. I did try to kill him but I passed out. Even if I did try to kill him, I can't because I love my brother," he explained.