What's going on?

"Yeah, in like...ninth grade."

"Well, I'm a few years late but, I'm here now." Will grinned but Tom didn't return it.

"Why are you with Luke?" His livid eyes landed on me. "Get out of here."

"Yeah, sure...I didn't want to be here anyway." I turned to walk away, not wanting any trouble, but Will grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"He doesn't need to go anywhere."

"I don't want you here!" Tom yelled, catching the attention of everyone in the room.

"Luke?" I swallowed and looked over at Taylor who was at the edge of the stairs with Sabrina glued to his arm. "Dude, what are you doing here? I thought you were on a date with that...Landon guy."

His calling out my going on a date with a guy made me blush.

"He switched that date for me," Will replied, pulling me closer to him and draping his arm over my shoulders.

Taylor closed the distance between us. "And who are you?"

"Will Carson." Will stuck his hand out but Taylor ignored it.

"Aren't you a little old to be at this party, much less dating my friend?"

"Taylor!" I snapped, horrified at his attitude.

"Probably, but Luke doesn't mind, do you?" He looked at me expectantly.

My mind was racing as I looked between Will and Taylor. Who is this guy?

"Luke, can I talk to you?" Taylor said through his teeth.

Frowning, I nodded and pulled away from Will, following Taylor outside.

"What the hell are you doing?" he demanded the moment we stepped foot outside.

"I—"

"How did you end up here with that old man?"

"He's not old." At least, I didn't think he was. He looked to be in his twenties.

"Why are you here?" Taylor yelled.

"Why shouldn't I be?" I yelled back. "Do I cramp your style so much that I shouldn't be here?"

"What? No!"

"Then why are you so mad at me?"

The fury on his face faded and was replaced by hurt. "The game wasn't important enough for you to attend but the party you couldn't miss."

"What?"

"You refused to miss your date for my game, but then...you don't even stay with the guy. You find someone else and show up to the after-party!"

"Taylor, it's not like tha—"

"I understand that you need your space to do your gay stuff, but...why couldn't you do it another day?"

"Taylor... I left Landon at the restaurant to watch you play... I was there."

"I know."

"What?" I stared at him in confusion. Does he know?

"I saw you."

My jaw clenched. "Then why are you acting like I didn't? And why did you pretend not to see me?"

"Because I was angry! I am angry! You thought you could just show up after the game had already started and it would make a difference?"

"I don't understand."

icon lock

Show your support for Ellie Rae, and continue reading this story

by Ellie Rae
@MsEllieRae
Luke has been in love with his best friend, Taylor, for too long now...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 33 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @MsEllieRae.