#004.5

"Wonwoo! Mingyu! Over here!"

They heard their names as their heads turned to the direction of their names being called, and was greeted by a large gum smile visible from a distance away. Heading over to the table, they were greeted by another five more faces, some which Mingyu recognised instantly.

"Hyung! You have finally decided to come out for dinner," Chan greeted Mingyu with a mouthful of food before flashing a grin, "At least Wonwoo hyung will stop complaining about you being an utter pai-mhmph--"

"That's enough- Don't speak while eating, Chan," Wonwoo slapped a hand over Chan's mouth and chided the younger lightly before setting his tray of food on the table beside him.

Just when Mingyu was about to ask the other three unfamiliar faces seat by the end of the table another voice cut cut across the table, "Why did no one tell me this is spicy?"

Soonyoung fanned himself vigorously as he took hold of the drink offered to him by a curly haired male seated beside him, gulping it down quickly.

"We did but you were all over how good the chicken looks when we tried pointing it out, hyung," Chan pointed out as he handed the older a tissue which Soonyoung used to wipe off the sweat gathering on his temple.

"You could have restrained me or something!" Soonyoung whined as he fanned himself with his hands, attempting to cool down.

"Not like we didn't," Seokmin rebutted, "And let me quote, ahem- Someone said that It's 'probably not as spicy as the description says' when it was clearly stated 'This chicken has been made with chilli five times spicier than the usual chilli'."

"Fine, fine, my fault, it's my fault! BUT! It's still spicy... My tongue feels like it's dying- Someone save me," Soonyoung complained as he puffed out his cheeks, clearly not too happy about being on the losing end of the argument.

"I thought it was alright though..." The brunette seated opposite of the curly haired male commented as he popped another chicken into his mouth.

"Junhui, you live off spicy food, not me, same goes for Minghao and Mingming, all these people who like spicy food stop staring at me like that, I find it spicy alright?" Soonyoung lamented this as he took hold of Seokmin's drink and began gulping it down and the younger simply stared at the older with a kicked expression.

"Ju-just let me get rid of the spiciness and I'll get you another drink," That seemed to be enough for Seokmin to turn back to his food.

"Might as well get Seungkwan to chill you tongue," Seokmin suggested through a mouthful of rice.

"Diva Boo? He won't cool my tongue, he will freeze it," Soonyoung who seemed to had finally gotten rid of the persistent spiciness from his cavern, set the empty cup down as with a tired sigh.

Mingyu watched on as the other conversed, mildly confused by all the unfamiliar names and turned to Wonwoo for help, "Hyung, who's Seungkwan? And What about Junhwee, Myungho and Myungmyung?" The unfamiliar language rolled off his tongue with much difficulty and that made Wonwoo chuckle as he gestured, "That's Junhui-hyung, Minghao and the one at the end of the table is Mingming. They are all here on an overseas exchange programme."

"Oh, I didn't know this school has affiliations too- And what about Seungkwan?" Mingyu cast another glance at the trio who was now laughing along with the rest at Soonyoung's stories and Seokmin's inputs.

"You'll get to meet him later, I'll introduce him to you then," Wonwoo patted Mingyu lightly on the shoulder before resuming to having his meal.

"You! The chicken stealer!"

A loud cry which came to the right made Mingyu turn to see a silky short haired brunette pointing right at him with a plate of food balanced on the other free hand.

"E-Eh?" Mingyu managed to stutter out as he pointed to himself before looking down at his half-eaten fried chicken.

Watching at the other walk over to him with a loud demand, "Return me my chicken!"

Flustered by the sudden turn of events, Mingyu looked around lost and to find the others seated looking rather amused with what was happening.

"Your chicken? But I've bought it and eaten it-" Mingyu looked down at the meat before picking it up with his chopsticks to show the other his half eaten food.

"I don't care- Seokmin, turn time back and let me get my chicken," Doyoon who huffed indignantly as he headed towards Mingyu's direction.

"Hyung, couldn't you have predicted that something like this would have happened?" Seokmin questioned as he looked up from his meal.

"That was precisely the problem, I couldn't read the future, there was something that was blocking my powers," Doyoon grumbled before resting a hand on Seokmin's head, "Now kid, do what you need to do."

"Not happening, hyung," Seokmin mumbled through another mouthful of rice as he attempted to shake the hand off his head, "The last time you got Mingming-hyung to help you, your plan just flopped."

"Fine- I thought illusion could fool Seungcheol that his meat was still there. Whatever, what a bad dongsaeng, I don't need such a junior," Doyoon made a show by pushing Seokmin's head lightly before laughing as he ruffled the younger's hair gently.

"Alright- I'm hungry," Doyoon settled down next to Mingyu and chuckled at the stiff expression worn by the younger, " Relax, I won't eat you but I can't guarantee that for your remaining pieces of meat. And if there's one thing that we can bond is the same taste in good food."

That was enough to made Mingyu relax as he returned the fist bump and dug into his meal.

"H-Hyung! My meat..."

"I've warned you already- Your loss for not protecting it well."

"Why are all of you so mean to me?"

"It's called showing affection, Mingyu. You still have a lot to learn."