the letter

****

After pan had closed the door to Carmen he couldn't sleep and after 30 minutes he gave up trying and did what he'd usually do in this situation he made his way to camp.

But as he walked to the path he noticed something wasn't right, Carmen's cabin door was open a jar. He walked over to the cabin opening the door to find them gone and a note saying 'pan' as angry as he was he opened the letter

'Pan
My love today I have been as angry and upset as ever probably feeling like you are now finding that I'm gone well let me tell you why.

Today I heard your conversation with Felix at hangman's tree, I don't know what you want with Henry but you will not hurt him, I'd rather die than let anything happen to my nephew so I have left with the only thing running through my mind of how could you do this to me?

The worse thing out of all this is you were right about what you said to me of how no matter how far you go I will always love you so I had to go now more than ever.

As hard as it is I have to do this but know even after this I will always love you and will always believe Peter pan but I am not lost anymore I've changed and so have you. I can't save you know not after this and I hate myself because I still want you but I have to let you go like you have to let me so please let me go

I love you ~ Carmen'

He folded the letter with anger coursing through him "I'm not losing you again" he said as he left.

***

I walked over to Henry who looked at me puzzle "what?" He asked "just give me a minute" I answered as I smiled at him lightly before walking into the cabin.
I walked over to the dresser and opened one of the draws to get a piece of paper and a pen. I sighed as I sat down on the chair leaning with my elbows against the wood of the table as I wrote my goodbye letter to pan.

As I finished writing I wiped away the tear that dared to fall from my lashes as it rolled down my cheek "how the fuck could he do this?" I asked myself as I clung on to the roots of my hair.

Pulling them through my clenched fists as I looked down upon the letter 'get yourself together Carmen your a fighter' I thought trying to gather myself.

I sighed looking around the room one last time then walked outside to Henry "are you OK?" He asked sweetly "I will be once we're back with our family and your safe" I answered pulling him into a hug.

"But you love him" he said looking up at me "yes .....but I'd rather die than let him hurt you" I replied as I squeezed him a little tight before releasing him.

"Come on let's go get some weapons before we leave" I said as I started walking up the path "why? What do we need them for?" He asked "well it ain't to cast spells with now is it?" I answered sarcastically as I went up the dirt path.

Then Henry gave me a dirty look "really?" He asked a little pissy "look hen something could happen so we need to be ready plus we need to get a lantern unless you wanna walk blind" I replied swinging my arm over his shoulder.

"Now come on we have work to do" I said as I ran through camp and down to the training area. I grabbed a pouch that held a dagger "here" I said to Henry as I handed it to him "can't you do the fighting?" He asked.

"Hen if things don't go to plan your gonna need to be armed even though their less likely to kill you it doesn't mean they still won't hurt you, OK?" I asked smiling at him as he sighed "fair enough" he replied.

I grabbed a bow and quiver full of arrows slinging them over my shoulder, I strapped a belt around my waist that held throwing knives then lastly I grabbed a lantern and a box of matches before we made our way out of camp.

As we made a fair amount of distance Henry asked "how are we going to find them" I turned to him "easy just hold this" I replied handing him the lantern then striking a match as it lit.

"I'll be back" I said "what? Where are you going?" He asked "up" I answered pointing to the large tree in front of us before I began to climb.

After a couple of minutes I finally reached the top of the tree with the breeze coursing through the night sky that was filled with stars looking like a blanket full of glistening diamonds "wow I forgot how beautiful it was here" I said to myself before coming back to normal.

I looked around the tops of the trees till finally I could see a camp fire light "found you" I said happily before climbing back down. When my feet firmly touched the ground I could see an anxious Henry waiting "well?" He asked "this way" I said pointing into the direction I saw the light coming from.

"Do you think he'll get us?" Henry asked "I don't know" I answered "come on" I added trying to change the subject as we picked up the pace "but do we have a chance?" He asked as I nodded "are you nervous?" I asked "yes" he answered a little down.

"Then here's something to hope for. Just think about home like coffee in the morning, granny's diner, your moms hot chocolate with cinnamon just the way you like it" I said smiling at him as he cheered up a bit.

"Movie night" he added smiling "Regina's sarcastic comments" I added as we laughed before Henry's eyes shot right open "look theres a light" he said before running off.

I laughed and walked behind him as he shot into the little camp "Henry" I heard Emma say before I finally had a look upon the camp with our family scattered around "mom, dad" I said as I ran up to them holding on " Carmen" my mom said grateful before letting me go.

"Carmen thank you" said Regina who smiled before hugging me along side Emma "as nice as this is we should start going" I said "Carmen's right we should go now" agreed my father so we all packed up about to head off.

"We should make for the beach" said Hook as everyone agreed grabbing the last of their things "Carmen did you find anything out?" Whispered Emma "what I can gather we need to get Henry far away from pan" I answered.

"But what did he want with Henry?" She asked "I don't know exactly but all I know is he's up to something and whatever it is if we don't get Henry off this island then he's gonna get hurt, badly" I answered as Regina grabbed my arm.

"What do you mean he's gonna get hurt?" She asked "I don't know all I know is he wants to hurt Henry for some plan he has" I answered "whats his plan?" She asked "I don't know" I answered before sitting down on the log.

"Come on it'll be over soon" said Regina trying to be sympathetic before her and Emma walking off. "Carmen" said my mother before sitting next to me "did you hear?" I asked.

"Yes honey I heard" she replied "I just don't get why he would do this" I said getting up "Carmen we can't always help who we fall in love with".

" do you wanna know what he told me? He said to me that no matter how far and how dark he goes I will always want and love him and I hate myself because he's right" I said as she pulled me into a hug.

"Everything will be OK" she assured me "how do you know?" I asked "because after everything this family has been through after all the darkness we have faced we've pulled through " she said smiling.

"I thought I could change him back to the way he was before but after what I found out what's the point" I said shaking my head "sweety I know it hurts but your safe know, he can't hurt you anymore".

" thanks mom" I said hugging her "no problem" she replied "now come on" she added as we all started making our way through the forest.

After 10 minutes we finally got to the beach "come on the quicker we do this the quicker its over" said Regina as we started onto the warm sand.

"You did well lass" said Hook as he walked beside me, first words he spoke to me since our return "did you ever doubt me?" I asked "not for a second" he replied "but what of pan" he added.

"What about me?" Asked the voice that made my heart sink then and there as I spun around to come face to face with the green eyed monster!