Chapter 42

I know I have talked to you guys in like a week but I have a reasonable explanation. I've been busy with school. I had a band concert Wednesday after school and I didn't get home until 9 that night because I had to do an audition for a college. I don't know if I got in yet, but I'm sure I did lol and I had another audition Friday and got a full ride on a music scholarship and then I had a band parade to go to in Canada on Saturday. So, it's been a productive week guys and don't forget that next week is the week I get off for Christmas Break, which means updates EVERYDAY of Christmas Break.

Stephen

A little birdie told me a friend of mine was committed in the hospital just a few days ago. I've been out of town the past few weeks, trying to keep myself clear of King and Marcus. Word around the city was that they were looking for me because of how I came on to Lindsey. I couldn't be in the city anymore because they'd eventually send their guys out and I know they'd be able to find me. So I had to go before I got hurt, but I had to come back to visit Lindsey in the hospital. I just hope she's not upset with me.

I walked down the floor she was staying on in the hospital with flowers in my hands. I can't lie and say I'm not excited to see her. I haven't seen her in weeks, so I'm sure she'll be just as excited to see me. Once I approached her room, I looked in at her through the window. She was laying in the hospital bed, all broken and beaten up, but I frowned once I saw Andre sitting in the chair next to her bed. Why the hell is he here? I've been watching the hospital all day and I haven't seen anybody from her family come in here, so how'd he get here without me noticing?

Oh well. Fuck him. I don't care about him. I knocked on the door before entering, causing the two of them to look up at me. They both looked confused when they saw me enter her room, but I don't know why. Lindsey hasn't seen me in weeks, she should be excited and happy to see me. But I'm not too surprised she hasn't jumped out of the bed to greet me. She can continue putting on this fake act for Andre, but I know she still wants me as much as I want her.

Andre rose from his seat and walked over to me. "What's up? Do I know you?"

I glanced at him, confused as to why he was up in my face trying to talk to me. I do remember coming here to see Lindsey, not him. "Excuse me, I'm tryna talk to Lindsey." I tried walking around him but he put his hand out against my chest, pushing me back.

"I asked, do I know you?"

I shook my head. "Nah, you don't know me fam but I know Lindsey."

Lindsey looked up at me and smiled. "Hi."

Andre sighed. "What's your name? How do you know my wife?"

"Damn," I smirked. "I can't visit my old friend in the hospital? I got word that she got hurt, and I just wanted to see her and see how she was doing. I've been out of town for the past few weeks, so I wanted to see her. How you been doing Lindsey?"

I looked behind Andre to Lindsey, but he turned me back to him. "I asked you what your name was. Who the hell are you?"

"Stephen, damn. Now can I speak to Lindsey?"

He looked me up and down before turning back to Lindsey. "Oh, so you're the Stephen nigga I've heard so much about?"

"Good things, I hope," I replied.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I've heard a lot about you, some good, some bad. I don't care about the good, all I care about is the bad. I don't like how you came on to Lindsey when you knew full well she had a man and I don't like how you've been treating her or her family. Don't persuade her to go out with you and try to fuck her in the bathroom of a restaurant again, don't try to fuck her on a camping trip again and stop talking to her. I don't know you, so I really don't know why you're even here. You said you haven't talked to her in weeks, so keep it that way. Stop having contact with my wife. You understand?"