Chapter Thirty Eight

I followed Jason into the familiar apartment, dumping my luggage by the door. Jason has hardly said a word to me since we were in the car. We drove there in silent, spoke a little bit in the airport and never spoke once on the flight here. I sighed as he walked straight past me and upstairs. I know he's stressed and stuff but I can't help it if he's having problems with his gang. That's for him to sort out, not me. I flopped down on the couch and flipped on the TV. The news was on.

"So officer, tell us what happened?" The reporter said.

"Well we were tipped off that Jason McCann lived here. We wasted no time and got down here immediately. However, the house is deserted and it seems as if there hasn't been anyone living here for a good few months now."

"So what you're telling us is that Jason McCann is still on the run?"

"I'm afraid so." The news reporter turned to the camera.

"Well you heard it here first. Please, if you see Jason McCann." She said as Jason's mugshot flashed up on the screen. "Call 999 immediately. He's very dangerous. Back to-" I switched over the TV just as Jason re-entered the room.

"We need to go food shopping." He muttered. "But I think you should go by yourself, just incase anyone recognises me." I glared at him and stood up, grabbing my bag from the kitchen counter and storming out, slamming the door with a loud bang. I opened Jason's car and got myself in and buckled up as he came towards the door. Before he could reach the car, I reversed out of the driveway and headed off to the supermarket.

I came back two hours later, my hands full with shopping bags as I dumped them all on the floor. I sighed as I kicked off my vans, placing the bags onto the counter one by one. Footsteps behind me got louder as I rumaged through the bags for the milkshake I had just bought; I was almost dying of thirst.

"Hey." Jason mumbled. "Why'd you storm out like that?" I shook my head, continuing to drink my milkshake. "I'm not leaving until you tell me why." He argued.

"Well then you're going to be here a while." I retorted, opening up the fridge and putting stuff away. I felt him grab my arms and pull them down, resulting in me dropping all the food on the floor. "Jason.." I whined.

"What's the matter?" He mumbled into my ear, his head resting on my shoulder.

"Nothing." Once more I tried getting out of his grip, but to no avail.

"Tell me."

"You got really angry at me for asking you about Matt and then you haven't spoke to me all day." I replied as he spun me around in his arms.

"I know, and I'm sorry." Jason admitted. "I'm just stressed out about the whole thing. Especially the fact that it was one of my close friends who tried to get me arrested."

"But Jase you can't be 100 percent positive that its Matt." I defended him. "You don't know that."

"Ryan's finding out."

"Well, until then, don't just assume." I picked up all the food off the floor and put them on the counter.

"Do you want me to help?" I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks for offering though."