1

Greyson,

I remember brushing my teeth before climbing into bed with you. My feet were cold and yours were not, so you cuddled me in close, laughed in my ear, and told me you loved me. That was one of the safest moments I've ever had with you.

When I woke up you weren't next me like you were most mornings. The clock on the nightstand read half after nine. One hour before you left for work. But the shower wasn't running and the kitchen was dark- no food being made or coffee being brewed. It was quiet when I called out your name. But I soon realized that your car was gone.

And your shoes, all six pairs. Your coats from the closet in our room. The pictures you had hung on the wall. The medicines you kept in our bathroom and your toothbrush. The pile of socks you had at the end of the bed because you always seemed to take them off in the middle of the night while you were sleeping. Your pillow that had laid on the right side of the bed. Your watch and the picture of me that you had on your nightstand. Your shampoo and deodorant. The collection of records you had tucked safely under the bed. Your favorite movies from the front room. Your tools from the garage. And the blanket that I made you from when we where fifteen and in high school, was gone.

Everything and anything that gave the slightest hint that you where here, was gone. And I cried because I was scared.

After hours of searching for something, anything that you might've left behind, I called your boss. He said that you were moving and weren't coming back and that no information was given on where you had been going. He apologized on your behalf when I let out a uncontrollable sob, which broke my heart further.

I haven't slept for days because each time I try, I remember being in your arms, safe as one can be, as you told me you loved me. And I can't go through that. The memories are never ending when I close my eyes or even blink.

So as I end this letter to nowhere with tears in my eyes and sorrow in my heart, I want to know why. Why did you leave? Is there something I could've done- I would've done anything to make you stay.

Yours truly,

Calle.