Ch. 1-A choice

I am sitting on a chair in a bright white room. It was not a comfortable chair or a beautiful room. The place was so bright it hurt my eyes. As I look around I realize that I am not alone. Sitting across from me, behind a big desk, was a man.

He had dark black hair that fell to his shoulders and ice blue eyes that stared into my soul. He was wearing a coal black suit with a dark green tie. All in all, he was very attractive.

He smiled sadly at me and said, "Seraphina Jameson Ramsey. You should not be here just yet."

"What?", I ask, "Where are we, who are you?"

"My name is Christian. We are in purgatory. And it was not your time to die.", the man said. Suddenly, a TV appeared next to me and Christian pressed a button and a scean appeared. It.... it was my funeral. My my was sobbing into her boyfriend's shirt, looking like her world was falling apart.

My brother was sitting with his head in his hands, shoulders shaking as his fiance rubbed his back, not look much better than he did. A couple of my brother's friends were there also: Brendon was crying his heart out and muttering, Savion was staring blankly at my coffin, and Dave had a bottle of Vodka in his hands drinking and crying.

Kaitlyn, Jack (Kaitlyn's boyfriend), and Leona were there each carring a black rose. Kaitlyn was on her knees crying while Jack and Leona were trying to comfort her.

Mark was also there, but he wasn't crying.. he looked.... disgusted? Hr was staring at the picture of me behind my coffin.

The pictues was a nice one, it showed my straight dirty blonde hair and my dark blue eyes. I was in a purple glittery dress and black flats, it had been taken the week before I died, when I had gone to homecoming. I thought I looked fat in it, but my mom loved it. My weight had always been an issue with me, I was 5'2" but I was 220 pounds and I hated myself because of it.

The screen turned black again and I look towards Christian. He was staring at me with tears in his eyes.

"Do you see what your death did to those that loved you? Your boyfriend is the only person that wasn't effected, but he's an asshole that didn't deserve you. You mom will always feel guilty for not realizing how sad you were. Kaitlyn is scarred forever, because you were her best friend. Leona will revert back to her old self, not speaking to anyone anymore cause your not there to listen. Your brother is heart broken that his little sister didn't tell him how she felt. Dave will try to drink his guilt away. And do you know how you affect Brendon? That boy has been in love with you for years. He will never be able to fully move on.", by the end of his rant Christian was kneeling in front of me, my hand in his.

I was crying by then. "I knew they would be said, but not that said.", I said through tears. "I never knew Brendon was in love with me, why did he never say anything?"

"He didn't want to ruin his friendship with you or your brother.", Christian said standing up and sitting on the desk behind him. "You will never be able to fix this, that just not how this works. But, you can start anew."