Chapter 6: wait for me to come home

"It's funny, the person who thinks no one care about them, usually has the most people looking up to them. Where as the people who think that they mean the world to everyone around them. Wouldn't be missed." ~ me! cause i could 😜✌️

I sat on the sofa and played with the cords. Cords that had once been my life and soul. Cords that had once been me. I looked at the grim faces around the room and wondered. Even if it can't be my life line. Could it be others? I started playing the cords in a pattern, and then it all just came flooding back. I played the song and i felt free; happy. Something i hadn't properly managed in a long time.

Lovin Cana hurt
Lovin can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing i know
When it gets harrrrd
I know it gets hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive
We keep this love in a photograph
We make these memory's for ourselves
Were our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
Times forever frozen
Still
So you can keep me
Inside the park with your ripped jeans
Holding me closer till our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone

Wait for me to come home...

After i played and sung, i looked up. There was my family. A bunch of misfit kids who didn't have anyone else. Just like me. I'm not letting this family go this time.

Time to be a real family.

I went over and picked up Harry and gave him a hug, i hugged Trix as well,then more and more of my family came to join our hug. Our family hug. I never thought i would say that.

~*~

After that we all talked and bonded. Over the next couple of weeks we became really close. I would sing Harry a song before bed, along with the twins. They were a boy and a girl, the girl (Kenny) was out going and not afraid of mud, whilst the boy was quiet calculating and careful (Kenedy). There names and looks were really similar but their personalities were completely different.

There was Max, he was the hopeful football player. He had all the posters, now stuck on his wall. He gelled his hair trying to be all that, even though he was a real softy.

Beiji is the computer geek of the house, i once asked about what he was doing and he said he was hacking into NASA. I backed off, decided it was best not to ask again. Or get my finger prints on his laptop.
Benjis twin brother (i know a lot of twins, maybe it's something in the water?!) was the math and science geek. Both fitting perfectly into each other's world. Like ying and yang. If one had a problem they couldn't solve the other could. You would rarely see them apart.

Ali was the girly girl. She was completely stereo typical of the innocent churchy girl at school, except two things: she didn't go to church, and she was a karate champion back in her home state and ever since i got here into the club here, in this state too.

Johnny and Favour were just them. Normal brother sister love hate relationship and normal lives. They were both really nice kids and their friends didn't seem to know or care about their home life.

Trix was struggling. She had anger issues, but she was really nice person if you didn't piss her off.

To be honest it was hard for us all, not flinching when someone put a hand out to us, or run away when someone looked in our direction. But we all managed.

The new head care worker doesn't mind what we do as long we don't get in trouble. He doesn't bother us and trusts us and we keep out of his hair. I've been unnoticed at school, i didn't have any friends and i didn't mind. When i ate i sat in the cafeteria writing songs. Sometimes about the gossip, for instance this one girl broke this other guys heart a while back and tried calling him just to say 'Hi'. I called it 'Hello'. (If you get the reference), the only problem is that it sounded better in a female voice because it was for a man. I uasaly write a lot of songs to pass time or as a kind of diary. Sometimes i write pop songs which are about the usual drinking, drugs, deprivation, girls and love. Other times i wrote soul. Things that actually meant something to me.

Back to reality though:

I walked into work and said hi to the lady behind the desk who was just leaving. She smiled and waved goodbye. Now it's just me and some security in this building. Cool. I used the money i got from this job and one in a cafe to get the others stuff like phones and school stuff, bags, pens and all. I really don't mind. I don't have much else i would be doing. I still work out and do parkour but i don't do sports in school. Collage football generates about 30mill in revenue and that's a lot of attention i don't need. Nor want.

I plugged my earphones in and started my job whilst humming along.

Vote
Comment
Share