Chapter 2: too cool for school

"Since we know dreams are dead, and life turns plans up on their head, i will plan to be a bum, so i might just become some one" ~21 pilots

I wake up and feel someone shaking me "dude, you have to get up, he's gonna kill you. Dude you got school." I rolled out of bed and got changed into my other clothes but kept the same hoodie. The bruise on my face was really visible. Guess I'm keeping my head down and my hood up.

I walked out of my room and went to the kitchen and picked up a slice of toast and got out of that house. I don't want that dickhead to see what he done to me. I walked to the school which is about a 30minuet walk if i go over a field. Technically it's trespassing but no one owns the land so it's cool. It you're wondering how i know, i always do research on the area so i know what I'm getting into.

As i walked into the big gated area no one really looks my way, I'm thankful for that. All i need to do now is get my timetable from the office and not be late so they don't make a fuss. I climbed the steps and got to the office without incident. The woman seemed nice, she offered to get a student but i refused. I looked at the blueprints off the internet. I know you think this is a bit much, but i nearly got beaten to death because i made a wrong turn into a dead end. I'm never letting that happening again.

I walk into an empty class room. Great, I'm not late. This first lesson is American history. I would of been interested but with transferring schools a lot, i just learn by myself in the lesson. I think I'm ahead of most state schools mostly because i don't waste time. I really need to get into college. The warning bell goes and people start to drift in, i plug my earphones in and open my text book to the part where I'm at. What i mean the part where I'm about to reread for the 5th time. A teacher walks in sees me and nods. I nod back, I'm guessing he understands that i either need to catch up or just continuing where i left off.

The class basically consisted of me reading and the rest of the class a bit behind. When the bell rang the class all filtered out, the teacher asked for me to stay behind. "How far behind are you with the work?" He asked studying me. "I'm not behind, I've already done the topic you were covering today" he seemed surprised. "You must of went to a very good school to be past that stage already. What school?" I shrugged "clover dale high, it wasn't a great school, i move around a lot so i basically gave up on school and just learn from textbooks and the internet" he looked even more surprised. "You seem very quiet, do you do much sports?" I shook my head "it's... Not my thing" he seemed uncertain "who hit you? Are they bullying you already?" I completely forgot about that, it went numb a while ago. "No one sir, i wasn't looking where i was going and went into the banister."
I used to use the 'i just tripped' excuse but it got very, suspicious how clumsy i was. So the best excuses are the ones that are simple but not over used. I lied easily, I've been doing this my whole life.
"Hmmm" was his reply. I nodded and walked to my next lesson. Great I'm going to be late.

I walked into the class and the teacher and every student in the class (except from the one that's asleep) had their eyes on me. I shifted uncomfortably. "You must be the new student?! Kalen? Oh yes, take a seat up the back there. I hope your not too behind on the studies. Oh well, you came just in time for the pop quiz!" She seemed very happy about the test, something i was not. As she said that the class groaned and even the student who i thought was asleep seemed to groan. Must be that bad.

I took a seat as she passed round the papers. Everyone who got theirs immediately groaned as soon as they saw the questions. Looks like I'm gonna have to do bad in this one as to not draw attention. "Now, class, this will go towards your final grade so i hope you revised. Kalen I'm sorry but the same rules apply to you" i nodded and started the test. Looks like I'm doing well on this test. I read the first question.