Chapter 9

"Hey." I said running up to Carlos and Jay.
"You came." Carlos said smiling
"Yeah, I had practice here on the field. I'm going to be cheering for you guys." I told them.
"Thanks but this is just tryouts." Jay said.
"I'm sure you guys will make it. Good luck." I told them giving Carlos a kiss on the cheek.
"I will see you after, right?" Carlos asked
"Of course." I said smiling turning around and running back to the girls.

Once I got there I noticed that not everyone was there. Audrey must have made the practice all confusing.
"Hey where is everyone?" I asked
"Lets just say some mix communication." Gisselle said
"Okay, well I guess we will work with what we got." I said
"Wait. The team that is here wanted to ask you a question." Lonnie spoke out before we started
"What is it?" I asked turning around.
"Well, you know we are still iffy about the villain kids and we have seen you getting sorta attached. We think that you should back off and be more cautious around them." Lonnie added
"You guys, we are suppose to give them a second chance. They are just like anyone else here at Auradon. Now lets get practice started." I said having everyone go into the positions.
We started out routine and cheered the team on.
I saw that jay was killin it out there so I shouted his name out loud cheering him on. The girls all stopped for a moment and looked at me but continued with the cheer anyways. Carlos got knocked down a few times, he needed some help but I'm sure he will get there with some practice.

"You guys did great." I said once practice was over.
"Thanks." Carlos said
The coach had called everyone over and started to talk to them. He finally got to Jay and Carlos. He gave Jay a shout out but told him something about a rule book. And he asked Carlos if he considered joining band. Carlos shot him a glare.
"Don't worry coach I will work with him." Ben said patting Carlo's back.
Everyone had went their separate ways except Ben,Carlos, Jay and I.

"So Carlos, you and Destiny?" Ben asked
"Yeah, I hope that's okay." Carlos said rubbing the back of his neck. I stood by his side and held his hand. He quickly took my hand and squeezed it.
"Oh it's fine. But if you hurt her in any way you will answer to me and trust me you don't want that." Ben threatened
"Ben." I sternly said
"What?" Ben asked innocently
"Some big brother love going on here." Jay said smiling
"It's fine, Destiny. Ben just wants to make sure you're safe. And I promise I would never dream of hurting her." Carlos said looking in my eyes smiling.
"Great, now that we got that out of the way. Meet me here later today. We can practice some more." Ben told Carlos before running off.
"Well I'm going to go talk to coach. Something about a rule book. But lets face it I won't be using that." Jay laughed as he gave Carlos a high five and waved goodbye to me.

"So what do you want to do?" Carlos asked me swinging our hands back and forward as we walked.
"We should head to the locker rooms and go change then meet up outside when we are done." I said
"Sounds good." Carlos said as we walked to the locker rooms together. We separated when I needed to go to the girls locker room. And Carlos had to go to the boys.
I changed into the outfit I was wearing earlier today. I fixed my hair by taking it out of the ponytail I had put up for practice. When I let it loose I put a side fishtail braid in my hair.
I locked my gym locker and went outside to meet Carlos.
Carlos was waiting outside for me. He looked sorta mad though.

"Carlos is everything okay?" I asked
"Who's Chad?" He simply asked softening his face.
"He's Cinderella's son." I said trying to avoid the fact that Chad was my ex boyfriend.
"No, like what who is he to you?" Carlos asked
"Carlos, Chad is my ex boyfriend. I dumped him because he was a total jerk who just used me. Where is all this coming from?" I asked
"I'm sorry.Its just that Chad and his friends just talked to me in the locker room and they told me to back off." Carlos explained.
"Carlos, don't listen to Chad he is still angry from when I dumped him." I said
"Are you sure he's angry at you. Or is it because he hates us villain kids?" Carlos asked
"Carlos, you guys are not your parents. You don't have to be Villain kids." I said
"Idk, it's going to be hard not to be a villain kids." He said looking down.
"Well, that's why you're here, so we can give you guys a second chance." I told him lifting his chin.
"Thank you." He said resting his forehead against mine.
"You're welcome." I said smiling.
"We should probably go do something before I have to go with your brother to practice." Carlos laughed
"Yeah sure, what do you want to do?" I asked
"We an go to my dorm." Carlos suggested.
"Yeah sure. Do you have any homework that needs to be done. Cuz I have tons." I said
"Yeah i actually do. What do you say we can have a homework date." Carlos said
"Works for me. I said linking our arms. As he lead the way to his dorm for our homework date.