Chapter Thirty Five

Ghirahim's blood turned to ice at the news. He looked at his hand quickly in shock that turned to bewilderment. "He's not dead, I have twenty minutes left! Let me by Zelda!" He shoved at her and rushed forward toward the throne room, where he could feel Link's presence. He's so close!

"No!" This sounded like rage as Zelda yanked him back with surprising force. Ghirahim had dealt with the princess before, she wasn't that strong. This wasn't right....

Wait... Zelda recognized him?

"You... you called me Ghirahim." He said with confusion.

She froze, looking distressed suddenly, "Of- of course. It's you name."

Ghirahim glared, "Then why didn't you tell me you knew this when I gave you a false name?"

"Uh..." Her green eyes darted around then she closed them tightly, "Forgive me master." She whispered. Before Ghirahim could ask what she meant. Her body went up in flames as she yelled out angrily. Her golden hair burned into a crimson red, her body stretched out and her skin darkened to pitch black. She stood in front of Ghirahim with a smug grin as she placed a hand on her hip.

"Miss me?"

Ghirahim snarled, "Taiyasha! I should have known! Only you are sick enough to call Wenta master!"

She snarled and lunged for him, "I love him!" She swatted at his face with her clawed hands. "And when you die, I will become his queen!" She growled as Ghirahim dodged her blows. The faeries flew from Ghirahim's pockets and aided him, distracting the succubus. Lumious shone so bright she screamed and covered her eyes. Ghirahim took the moment as an advantage and drove his sword deep into her chest, pushing past her ribs and into her heart. So odd, he didn't think she had one.

"Ahh!" She screamed as a bubbling, purple liquid poured from the gaping wound. She looked at Ghirahim as if she were seeing him for the first time, "Master?" She squeaked as she burst into purple flames of the toxin she was clearly made from.

"Ten second Ghirahim!" Zeefa screamed, darting up the steps. Ghirahim reeled around, his heart pounding and his stomach in knots. No! He dashed up the steps, taking them four at a time. He was near the door now with only two seconds left, perspiration pouring down his face. I can't be too late! I can't!

He burst through the door just as the numbers on his hand hit zero.

"That seems to be the last of them!" Inferna said with a slight pant. Unlike before, she was all serious. They all were. They turned to the lifeless body of Tuschia. All were angry with Qif for keeping her secret from them. They all felt they should have been told of it sooner, as if they could prevent what she sees.

"It seems she was cursed by her brother," Nevaeh said glumly. She stood with her arms crossed over her beaded chest. Her wedding dress had still been on her since she changed back. She'd had no time to change since then, or the dress would have been burned. "When Ghirahim is king again, I'll leave the judgement to him." She looked to the palace nearby, "I only hope he made it in time."

"Oh that no longer concerns you!"

All heads looked up at another bat-like figure few over them. At the moment, all rage was pointed to him as well! He allowed a half smile to appear despite his sister's death. "You're little friend Nevaeh, is dying. He did just as we thought he would. He changed as the Banes surrounded him, and now he is deep in the dungeons where he will rot!" With another sadistic smile he flew off and away, leaving everyone else to glare at him or gawk at the priestess.

She didn't seem to have heard him by the way she held her passive expression. However inside she was anything but calm. Her nerves were on fire and she wanted to fall for the trap to save him. However, it would not be smart. Ghirahim must be their top priority for now.