OSC/ Twenty-Two

One Step Closer/ Twenty-Two

                               It was 7:30…a knock came to Alonzo’s door. He walked to the door, opening it. There stood Cam. “What’s up? You can’t answer your phone, homie?”

                              “My phone is broke,” said Alonzo. “I gotta go to the cellular store and get me a new one and have all my old stuff transferred over,”

                              “How’d that happen? And what’s this with you kickin Criss out last night? What happened with you two?” asked Cam, as he stepped in. Alonzo closed the door, as Cam took a seat…Kylie was playing with her toys. “Hey Kylie,”

                               “Cam!” she yelled out, as he laughed. Alonzo picked her up. “Let me give lil missy here a bath, and put her to bed. I’ll be back in a few,”

                               About half an hour later, Alonzo returned, with Kylie in her pajamas. “She’s still a lil hyper from the waffles she had this morning.”

                             He set Kylie down, so she could continue with her toys, as Cam laughed. She looked to him, and gave one of her charming smiles, then went back to playing…Alonzo snickered. “She love her some Uncle Cam,”

                             “What’s not to love?” asked Cam, as Alonzo kicked out a laugh…that’s when Cam noticed the bruise on his cheek. “Did you and Criss fight?”

                             “Nah!” answered Alonzo. He sat back on the sofa. “Criss called me Bryant. We kinda argued, and I asked her to leave…I mean, it was obvious, that this dude has been hollerin in her ear. I can’t be fightin another nigga over Criss. I’m so tired of that,”

                            “Didn’t you want to hear her side?”

                             “Like what? She admitted that she had talked to him, and she was actin like she was givin him some consideration- I thought she and I were supposed to be ‘official’! I guess not,” huffed Alonzo.

                             “We talked to her last night- Meela and I…she knows she fucked up. She’s just scared that you wont give her the time of day, should she come back to apologize. She said you were adamant, about not hearing her out,” said Cam.

                              “I don’t know,” scowled Alonzo. “How would you feel if you thought you were exclusive with Meela, and then you found out she had another dude on her mind? I’m askin myself what the hell, have I been doin for the past few weeks? Idly biding my time?”

                               “You know Criss cares about you…you can’t deny that, Lonzo. Why do y’all gotta do this shit?” harped Cam. “So how’d you get the blemish?”

                               “Tracey had some niggas to jump me- not too long after Criss left,” said Alonzo. “During the fight, I accidentally hit her…the police hemmed us up, and I spent the night in county. My parents snagged me early this morning after I called them…that’s how my phone was broken,”

                               “Damn! You wanna go get these niggas?” asked Cam. “You know I can get ahold of some tools,”